DTI Ar-15

This is a discussion on DTI Ar-15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Currently in the market for a rifle. Found one for 750.00. It's a DTI AR-15. Anyone have experience with these rifles? Seems like a great ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DTI Ar-15

DTI Ar-15

Currently in the market for a rifle. Found one for 750.00. It's a DTI AR-15. Anyone have experience with these rifles? Seems like a great deal, but I haven't had any experience with this brand. Any input would be appreciated.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I can't speak for their completed rifles, but Del-Ton is a fairly small business with top-notch service.

I ordered a couple of their built lowers a few months back, just to have on hand, and they are every bit as well-made and my DPMS. I would expect their uppers and barrels to be of similar quality.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

BAC
    What do you want the rifle to do?

-B

I want a rifle with good craftmanship, be dependable and be easy to maintain. And it needs to be affordable. I thought about an AK-47, but was told by more than one person that they were less than accurate over 50 yards. I have very little experience with this type of rifle so I don't know.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

BAC
    PM in-bound, then. What I sent you pertains only to ARs, because my experience with AKs is limited to a few rounds downrange and a spent casing down my shirt.

-B

I bought a DTI complete upper and It is rock solid. No issues at all with a couple thousand rounds through it.
    Outstanding customer service!

I ran through 80 rounds friday. The gun shot great! Thanks for the feedback guys. Going to get more rounds for some more fun tommorrow!
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Does anyone have a link for DTI?
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

I was looking at a DelTon and they do get good reviews--or at least never a negative review. I was REALLY thinking about getting one but for about $200 more I can get a chrome lined barrel/bore complete Stag rifle. THEN i think to myself how much I really NEED (or afford) a new rifle and im still on the fence.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by centermass View Post
    I thought about an AK-47, but was told by more than one person that they were less than accurate over 50 yards.
    God, the amount of BS you get to hear from those who hate AKs. Next time somebody says that, politely ask them if they would sit at 75 yards and let some AK owner shoot at them.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Sorry to go on a tangent here but they have a 7.62 conversion for the AR... is than any good?

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    God, the amount of BS you get to hear from those who hate AKs. Next time somebody says that, politely ask them if they would sit at 75 yards and let some AK owner shoot at them.
    Lol! I wouldn't take that bet.

For what it's worth, I prefer my AR over my AK, but it's because the AR fits me better ergonomically, not because of any accuracy difference - both shoot better than I do, and will nail a 100yd plate all day.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider39a View Post
    Sorry to go on a tangent here but they have a 7.62 conversion for the AR... is than any good?
    I have a 7.62x39 upper for my AR 15 and they are more accurate than the AK's I have deer hunted with it.The only thing different from a standard AR15 is the barrel ,the bolt in the bolt carrier group ,and the magazine.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    LOL - good bit, Miggy. Knowing how much everyone on this board shoots, though, I wouldn't sit still for a slingshot at 75 yards.

Plan B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links