Bushmaster $1200 deal??? - Page 2

Bushmaster $1200 deal???

This is a discussion on Bushmaster $1200 deal??? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IMHO, That's a funny lookin gun there pardner. Nothing really matches... 20" barrel and carbine stock? May lead to some cycling issues at some point ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bushmaster $1200 deal???

IMHO,
    That's a funny lookin gun there pardner. Nothing really matches... 20" barrel and carbine stock? May lead to some cycling issues at some point as barrel/gas port/buffer/spring all need to be in the right ballpark. I think that combination is asking for trouble.

I don't think there is any value in a 2-stage trigger for a SHTF gun.

I have never seen bright takedown pins.... Not sure what the story is there.

If you need to use the "customer service" department of any AR15 then you've purchased a rifle that is not completley built to Mil Spec features or it's just poor quality control.

You can purchase an LMT Defender lower for $449 at Gilberts Guns. Your can purchase the LMT upper built to MIl Spec, or better than Colt even with a 1/7 twist on Bravo's site for $485 and they throw in the plastic handgaurds.

Purchase the BCG also from Bravo's page for $130 and you've got a full rifle for about the same cost.

I would trust LMT over Bushies any day of the week. Regardless if some smith said he did some "tuning" I'm not sure what "tuning" he did, but there's not much to do with an AR15 from LMT that hasn't already been done at the factory. Not like you have to headspace and time it, it's already done.

Just my .02
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    If you need to use the "customer service" department of any AR15 then you've purchased a rifle that is not completley built to Mil Spec features or it's just poor quality control.

You can purchase an LMT Defender lower for $449 at Gilberts Guns. Your can purchase the LMT upper built to MIl Spec, or better than Colt even with a 1/7 twist on Bravo's site for $485 and they throw in the plastic handgaurds.

Purchase the BCG also from Bravo's page for $130 and you've got a full rifle for about the same cost.

I would trust LMT over Bushies any day of the week. Regardless if some smith said he did some "tuning" I'm not sure what "tuning" he did, but there's not much to do with an AR15 from LMT that hasn't already been done at the factory. Not like you have to headspace and time it, it's already done.

Just my .02

I would trust LMT over Bushies any day of the week.
    I'd like to know some of the more particulars when it comes to mentioning trust in a certain manufacturer or make model and brand when it comes to the AR-15 particularly. Is this due to past bad experiences with other brands? Is it simply believed from advertisements or metallurgical research? Possible scientific explanations? Records from the forge factories? Anyone here have a Charles Daly AR-15? I've read up on them.......the price is high, but their claims are even higher! So....what's the real low down about how to chose the BEST quality AR-15.....box stock, or custom built? Are there any better quality manufacturers for lowers than uppers that would make one chose to mix in a custom build? Other than the Olympic Arms offerings.......I've never really heard anything bad about any of the package deals or prone to malfunctions, or inferior parts. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzlemah View Post
    IMHO,
    That's a funny lookin gun there pardner. Nothing really matches... 20" barrel and carbine stock? May lead to some cycling issues at some point as barrel/gas port/buffer/spring all need to be in the right ballpark. I think that combination is asking for trouble.

I don't think there is any value in a 2-stage trigger for a SHTF gun.

I have never seen bright takedown pins.... Not sure what the story is there.

That picture is from Bushmaster's website. It is the 30th anniversary model.
    That is not the actual rifle what we are talking about in this thread.
    I carry a gun cause I can't carry a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I'd like to know some of the more particulars when it comes to mentioning trust in a certain manufacturer or make model and brand when it comes to the AR-15 particularly. Is this due to past bad experiences with other brands? Is it simply believed from advertisements or metallurgical research? Possible scientific explanations? Records from the forge factories? Anyone here have a Charles Daly AR-15? I've read up on them.......the price is high, but their claims are even higher! So....what's the real low down about how to chose the BEST quality AR-15.....box stock, or custom built? Are there any better quality manufacturers for lowers than uppers that would make one chose to mix in a custom build? Other than the Olympic Arms offerings.......I've never really heard anything bad about any of the package deals or prone to malfunctions, or inferior parts. What gives?

Without getting too technical I believe that over the years the standard has alway's been to be as close to Colt Mil Spec as possible. It seems these day's with so many AR manufacturers there just isn't the compliance to original specs with some of the manufactures. These companies are rolling thousands of rifles a month and thus their quality control can be only one thing, slightly poor or **** poor. You'll find alot more lemons with Bushmaster than you ever will with LMT, at least out of Mil Spec rifle built to Mil Spec standards.

I tried once to install an Bushmaster extension into an RR lower and the specs where entirely off and I wound having to go to LMT to purchase the extension.

There's been alot of talk of BCG's being just down right poo poo from factory rifles like Bushie and Armalite. I've known a few that had to have their gas key's restoked due to poor quality control off the factory floor. I don't want to do this if I'm spending a thousand dollars for a rifle that should in reality cost $750 and have the same qaulity control that Colt and LMT have.

Alot of people use one upper and anothers lower. This in my opinion is inviting a possibly poor running weapon due to the spec being even just a tad off the Mil Spec original specifications for demenions.

I've had more than a few guy's that purchased "Shorty" uppers and pinned to another lower and could never get them to run smoothly. I can pin an LMT "Shorty" to just about any lower and it will run without choking every sixth or seventh round. What the difference ? Again poor gas port measurments, and poor quality control coming off the floor of the manufacture.

Every LMT rifle is fired before it's ever sent out and I don't believe other manufactures take the painstakenly time to fire more than just once. LMT runs each of their rifles through a couple mags vs one or two shots fired before it's boxed up. LMT can fix any problem before it goes out the door to the dealer.

Another subject is who's uppers and lowers are really being used by these manufacturers ? Les Baer at one time used exclusively LMT and would not use any other for his semi custom rifles. He knew something that we didnt, or some of did.

I'm tired right now, but I'll add some real detail tommorrow. :D
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

I think the flashhider your thinking about is the phantom flashhider longer than the standard and has ridges that stick out.The thing that makes an AR accurate is the barrel and trigger,most varmint guns come with free float barrels.If you really want a SHTF gun you want something with a 16" barrel and collapsible stock(easier to carry and sweep close quarters with)as far as a match trigger in a gun like that like putting lipstick on a pig,if you want a better trigger RRA 2 stage match trigger takes out the long gritty pull on a standard trigger group and its a drop in part,no screws to adjust or worry about backing out etc.you can get a great AR for around 8-900 bucks,or build your own and have fun doing it for around 700
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links