AR-15 remorse...

This is a discussion on AR-15 remorse... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Get both. Honest, if you can afford it get one for scope, and keep one iron - there are going to be times that you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR-15 remorse...

Get both. Honest, if you can afford it get one for scope, and keep one iron - there are going to be times that you want a lighter weight rifle. Aperture sights are a lot more accurate than you probably think. You might like it in it's natural state.

ymmv, but I know I just built my second ar for that reason - first was too heavy with that huge scope and bull barrel to carry aground - but it is a hell of a lot of fun on the bench.

2. Remove Ads

CDNNinvestments has a milspec A3 upper with detachable carry handle for 129.99 all you gotta do is put your barrel and other stuff on it,it will require a barrel wrench and either upper vise blocks or barrel vise blocks for disassembly assembly
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

*update*

Well, I fixed my little problem, S&W MP15, Tactical Entry stock, 16” bull barrel, flattop upper, I added a Bushnell scope that adjusts from 3x to 12X, surefire and a “super tacti-cool” quick release forward grip just for kicks, it’s growing on me, it’s rather a comfy and natural feel. This should make for a good all around AR-15 for me, varmint, home defense and SHTF. I think I might go with a smaller tactical red dot optics later, this scope is a little big.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 40S&WMAN; September 7th, 2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: *UPDATE*

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Nice rifle!

I still have 5 more days until I can pick up my S&W M&P15 carbine, I cannot wait! I specifically wanted one with a removable carry handle, and the M&P15 just stood out at my FFL dealer.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

BAC
    How's the weight of the bull barrel feel on the front end? I don't remember ACE stocks being very heavy, so balance would concern me a little. If you don't care for humping it around with the weight more towards the front end, you could save up for a Magpul UBR or a whole new barrel.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    How's the weight of the bull barrel feel on the front end? I don't remember ACE stocks being very heavy, so balance would concern me a little. If you don't care for humping it around with the weight more towards the front end, you could save up for a Magpul UBR or a whole new barrel.

-B
    the balance is fine, it is not a very heavy bull barrel, with the forward grip and a full mag things work good, the naked gun unloaded is 6lbs

BAC
    Then by all means enjoy it! Some folks (read: me) aren't real fond of bull barrels, but if it works for you it works for you.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Then by all means enjoy it! Some folks (read: me) aren't real fond of bull barrels, but if it works for you it works for you.

-B

i was wrong, it is just a smooth barrel, i was confused to the term "bull barrel...

BAC

1k!

Ah. Here is a brief visual description of the different AR15 barrel profiles. "Bull" barrels (the thickest of the bunch) are the cheapest to make because they require less machining, which is why they're so commonly found on 16" and 20" barrels. They tend to be heavier and swing the center of gravity further out towards the muzzle than the lighter and more common gov't profile barrels.

-B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links