kel tec su-16c

kel tec su-16c

This is a discussion on kel tec su-16c within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been considering one of these rifles to add to my collection. mostly for home defense and for plinking too. does any one here ...

Thread: kel tec su-16c

kel tec su-16c

I have been considering one of these rifles to add to my collection. mostly for home defense and for plinking too. does any one here have any experience with these; they would like to share with me?

sub16c_pic01.jpgThe SU-16C has a true folding stock and can be fired with the stock folded. An reciprocating dust cover and a case deflecting operating handle are also integrated into the rifle. The barrel is 16” long and of medium weight. The muzzle is threaded 1/2x28 to accept standard attachments. The “Charlie” is only available in parkerized finish with black polymer components.

The SU-16C is not a replacement for the original SU-16 but a compliment for customers that put a premium on ruggedness and adaptability.

The “Charlie” type stock can be purchased as a retrofit for SU-16 owners preferring the foldable stock.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Caliber : .223 Rem 5.56mm
    Weight unloaded : 4.7lbs. 2.1kg
    Length : 35.5" 901.7mm
    Length Folded : 25.5" 647.7mm
    Barrel Length : 16.0" 406.4mm
    Magazin Capacity : 10 rounds, or M-16 compatible
    Twist : 1:9" 1:228.6mm
    Trigger Pull : 5lbs to 7lbs 22.2N to 31.1N
    Sight Radius : 15.5" 393.7mm
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

I really like mine. You can carry a standard AR15/M16 30 round clip in the stock in a A and B. not sure if you can use a 30 round clip in the C. When in a case, looks like a large Pool cue case. Shoots well, no jams or anything, and is fairly accurate. Not a target rifle or anything, but mine held around 2 MOA.

I'd like to get another one sooner or later.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Sorry...gotta be done:

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Sorry...gotta be done:

-JT
    What would we do without you??
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Kel Tec

We demo'd the C for a local PD, another PD uses the older model. C is compact, reliable, and can use any muzzle attachment or AR magazine. FWIW, if their opinion matters: The officers like the pink plastic front sight of the older models. Seems to them to be more visible. When I had to zero them some had to be cranked far over to one side to be zeroed. I think the C sights are better in the long run. One department (the brass anyway) did not like the fact that the C could fire while folded, thinking some officer would be tempted to hip shoot the thing. On the other hand, one could loose the takedown pin on the old model unless it was attached by a lanyard or something. Not "cop proof" design. The C only has a small lever to fold the stock, no detachable parts. There is no easy way to cary a spare mag on the C. Yes it works with 30 round magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    We demo'd the C for a local PD, another PD uses the older model. C is compact, reliable, and can use any muzzle attachment or AR magazine. FWIW, if their opinion matters: The officers like the pink plastic front sight of the older models. Seems to them to be more visible. When I had to zero them some had to be cranked far over to one side to be zeroed. I think the C sights are better in the long run. One department (the brass anyway) did not like the fact that the C could fire while folded, thinking some officer would be tempted to hip shoot the thing. On the other hand, one could loose the takedown pin on the old model unless it was attached by a lanyard or something. Not "cop proof" design. The C only has a small lever to fold the stock, no detachable parts. There is no easy way to cary a spare mag on the C. Yes it works with 30 round magazines.
    Does the stock still fold with the 30 round mag in place?

is it worth giving up those handy spare mag holders on early models to have the true folding capability (shootable while folded) in the c model?

thanks for your input
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

Links