The much awaited AR!!

This is a discussion on The much awaited AR!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, I finally got to pick up my baby from the shop yesterday, after making the final layaway payment. It seemed like forever, although in ...

Thread: The much awaited AR!!

The much awaited AR!!

Well, I finally got to pick up my baby from the shop yesterday, after making the final layaway payment. It seemed like forever, although in reality it was just over a month. It is an Olympic Arms k3b-m4-a3-tc. The rifle looks great overall, and I am taking it out tomorrow to break it in. It has the FIRSH metal quad rail system, 6 position stock, removable carry handle, m4 profile barrel, etc....Should be fun! Sorry about the crappy pics, my camera sucks and the lighting was extremely low. :(

EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Looks good, did you get some rail covers for it ?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Nice looking...now you're ready for the food riots...
    You won't regret this purchase.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Say! Lookin' good!
    It is an Olympic Arms k3b-m4-a3-tc
    So....what would you call it for short? LOL! Say, those come with chrome lined bore? If they do, there's not much "breaking-in" to do. If possible, bore sight it roughly at home before you go hit paper. May save you some ammo that way. Some factories test fire only for functionality. Good luck with it! Surely the range report will follow. BTW...what kind of mags (other than the factory supplied) do you have for it?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Looks good, did you get some rail covers for it ?
    No, they were $16 a piece, and I was already stretching it with the AR cost and the cost for 100 rds of ammo to break in. Money isn't so easy to come by...:(

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Say! Lookin' good!

So....what would you call it for short? LOL! Say, those come with chrome lined bore? If they do, there's not much "breaking-in" to do. If possible, bore sight it roughly at home before you go hit paper. May save you some ammo that way. Some factories test fire only for functionality. Good luck with it! Surely the range report will follow. BTW...what kind of mags (other than the factory supplied) do you have for it?
    For short, the official nickname is the "alphabet gun"..They do not come chrome lined, so a-breaking-in-I-go! There will be a range report to follow! Also, I only have the factory supplied mag at this point, because as I previously stated money is tight, and I could only really afford the AR and ammo this weekend...:(

Looks nice, go smoke the barrel!

Lead Moderator
    You might want to watch www.ar15.com on the EE section for a deal on used covers
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Congrats on the new rifle!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Nice new addition to the family.

I keep dropping hints to my Wife, seeing as my Birthday is next Friday. I hope to report back soon on mine, although I am going to see if I can get one on a FTF sales, in case there is a ban later on.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

That is a nice looking rifle. I have not seen too many of the Oly's. Nice pics.
    My Pain Is Caused By My Pleasure

Schweet! Congrats.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Links