Rifle Dynamics (Jim Fuller) AKs

This is a discussion on Rifle Dynamics (Jim Fuller) AKs within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just tossing this out there as there have been a lot of AK threads in the last few months. While at the Tactical Response 2008 ...

Just tossing this out there as there have been a lot of AK threads in the last few months.

While at the Tactical Response 2008 Alumni Weekend this past weekend, I had the opportunity to handle several "Fuller AKs" as well as the pleasure of meeting Jim Fuller and getting to shoot his personal full-auto Krink (that thing was SWEEEEET!). see pic below showing Jim and the aforementioned Krinkov (picture borrowed from GOTX).

I'm more convinced than ever that if you want a top-notch weapon, you can't do better than an AK from Fuller.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

What did you like about these AKs? Which configurations did you shoot or check out?

BAC
    Could you tell us more about his AKS-74U? Handling, apparent accuracy, etc.?

-B

Quote Originally Posted by Second Amend View Post
    What did you like about these AKs? Which configurations did you shoot or check out?
    Most of the ones I've handled/shot are what you could call a "standard" AK...16" barrel, 7.62x39, with either re-finished wood furniture, K-Var, or a folder of some sort.
    To me the thing that sets them apart is their superior fit and finish compared to anything else I've ever handled. The action feels smoother and the trigger (all G-2s from what I saw) were great. They have very little take-up, a crisp break, and less overtravel than the G-2s that I've seen in other people's guns (including the one I put in mine which is still light-years ahead of the factory trigger).

Quote Originally Posted by BAC
    Could you tell us more about his AKS-74U? Handling, apparent accuracy, etc.?
    5.45x39 with a bulgarian triangle-folder and Aimpoint Micro. Very light and well balanced (easy to move around). I only shot half a mag from about 10 yards but I was having no problem keeping 3 and 4 round bursts in a fist-sized group (very little recoil compared to the 7.62 guns despite the fact that it's so much lighter).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar

Fuller AK

I have one being built right now and it should be sent out by the end of January...

It will be ran hard once it arrives...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    I have one being built right now and it should be sent out by the end of January...

It will be ran hard once it arrives...
    Same here. The wait is killing me! I usually have lots of patience, but I'm like a kid on vacation. "Is it done yet?" "Is it done yet?" I don't bug him, in fact, I can't tell you the last time I contacted him. From everything I've heard, and my conversations with him, it will be a great gun.

By the way, he is a great guy to deal with. Extremely patient, and very knowledgeable.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Links