Remington 870

This is a discussion on Remington 870 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a conversion 870 that I have . Its good for home defense...

Thread: Remington 870

Remington 870

This is a conversion 870 that I have . Its good for home defense
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

not bad looking. I got my 870 with a full stock and find that the recoil is quite substantial. How does it feel with the pistol grip only?
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Feels good

The feel is good but I need to shoot it some more to get use to it.

I have a 1100 set up the same way. I use my 28" barrel for skeet and my 18" barrel with 00 buck for the house. I'm just too lazy to to have the pump...

Thanks

Thanks for reply guys. I think this one will do the job for home improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by shingman2345 View Post
    Thanks for reply guys. I think this one will do the job for home improvement!

You can replace the bead sight, and find a better way to attach a sling. Drilling and tapping may serve you better than a few half-hitches. OMO

I prefer the full stock w a 20" barrel
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

My 18" Rem 870 sports a combo tac lite and pulsating laser, and carries a full load of #1 shot as per M. Ayoob.

ecellent choice on the 870
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Looks great other than the pistol grip. In a home invasion situation you will be hard pressed to actually hit anything with the adreneline flowing.

Here mine Rem, 870 20" barrel, rifle sights, ext mag 7 + 1, Houge fore arm, soft rubber for better grip, and a folding stock that also holds 3 extra rounds. Best of both worlds...

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Nice, I just prefer my Marine Mag 870, I find pistol grip shotguns to be too hard to handle. The recoil is extreme.

I've kept all of my previous shotguns with full stocks. One of them was a Mossy 500 in 20ga, and I honestly believe I could take a shot one handed with it if I had to. I was able to cycle it one handed matter of fact. The Ithaca 37 kept it's original wood stock and forend and was a might bit heavier than the Mossy or Stevens. I'm getting closer to getting my 870 by working some extra days this month. Stock, 7+1 shot 12ga for $299, but I've got to say one thing about that humongous, receiver over-running forend they have on the regular model....it's going to be the first and probably only mod I make to the tactical forend. Brownell's has them for $26. If I bought the tactical 870 model with the tactical forend and speed feed stock, it would run another $125. Even if I had an SBS (which I'd love a 14" barrel 5shot), I'd still have it with a full buttstock. The balance just has to be there. Leave the pistol grip shotguns for the big screen IMO.

Links