His and Her Saigas

This is a discussion on His and Her Saigas within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got done doing a trigger/pistol grip conversion 922 compliant etc to my Saiga and recently picked one up for my better half and thought ...

Thread: His and Her Saigas

His and Her Saigas

Just got done doing a trigger/pistol grip conversion 922 compliant etc to my Saiga and recently picked one up for my better half and thought I would share a pic.

They are quality guns for the money, seems like you canít have just one.

2. Remove Ads

Man those saigas are good guns, good lookin too! Quality stuff. Congrats!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Nice looking there!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

sweet!
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    Did the one on the bottom come in that stock, or is it after market? If after market where did you get it. Not sure if I want to move the trigger forward on it, or leave it where it is now. I got mine in 7.62X39. Thought about the 5.56, but decided to stick with the caliber the gun was designed for. Although .308 might be nice to have too.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Did the one on the bottom come in that stock, or is it after market? If after market where did you get it. Not sure if I want to move the trigger forward on it, or leave it where it is now. I got mine in 7.62X39. Thought about the 5.56, but decided to stick with the caliber the gun was designed for. Although .308 might be nice to have too.
    Look here. It's not the stock to get if you convert though. I think it would look funny with an extra pistol grip! Note that some of the conversion stocks require you to file off the upper tang that the normal stock screws to, and then you need to add a welded plate or the Ace internal block (I use the Ace block)

Saiga Skeleton stock Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc - Saiga Russian American Armory Skeleton Stock [IZ-196] - $84.99 : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories

Check these stocks for converted Saigas
    ACE LTD. USA
    Tromix Stock Missisisppi Auto Arms, Inc. - Tromix Stock [SGP44B] - $85.00 : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories

Or this weird one for no conversion.
    Saiga M4 Collapsible Stock with pistol grip Saiga M4 Collapsible Stock [m4stockkitpoly] - $69.99 : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories

archer51,

The stock on the bottom is the Russian one that came on it. It is very tough and seems ergonomically correct. I like how it has a pistol grip feature and will probably not change it, especially since my better half likes the way it is and she don’t mind the factory trigger pull.

I originally had a collapsible tapco with the pistol grip on the top one. It was fine but the pistol grip seemed weak, it just screwed into the bottom of the stock and never felt tight enough to take the abuse I can give it.

The trigger conversion wasn’t hard at all. But if you don’t want to wrench on your rifle I can understand. I didn’t mess with mine for about a year (until I got the other one). I really like the Saigas. They are quality rifles at a great cost, even if you put a little more work in to return the to original AK format.

Have you checked out saigastock.com? They have the Russian stocks like the one on mine for sale as well as the tapco and extra mags. I purchased my conversion parts from Dinzag. All top quality items that fit right the first time.

Good luck and enjoy your rifle. Fire it a lot, 7.62x39 is cheap.

Nice purchase, nice pair, nice of you to share, too!

Stay armed...buy two...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

nice, those rifles are cheap too, they have them for 200 here

is it possible to put an m4 stock on them?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Im in love with the top one.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    nice, those rifles are cheap too, they have them for 200 here

is it possible to put an m4 stock on them?
    ACE LTD. USA

You need to modify the receiver with this.
    http://riflestocks.com/AKStampedModsRequired.htm

Or use this which will lengthen the gun overall.
    http://riflestocks.com/images05/AK/AKRBU-PN.jpg

Links