New AR-15

New AR-15

This is a discussion on New AR-15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks everyone for your input on an AR. I decided to be lazy and just buy one but I'd still like to build one in ...

Thread: New AR-15

New AR-15

Thanks everyone for your input on an AR. I decided to be lazy and just buy one but I'd still like to build one in the near future maybe a 9mm.

I picked up this NIB DPMS Panther A3 L-16 with Detachable carry handle at the Gun show for $740 after tax.

Gonna shoot it tomorrow after work. Can't Wait!!!

Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

That looks really black and evil,lube the bolt carrier group good,most jams in new AR's are caused by inadequate lubrication of the bolt carrier
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That looks really black and evil...
    Thats what my mom said. I showed her the AR and she asked why I would buy a terrorist gun. I told her that my AK was what terrorists use. She said "But the other one (AK) looks so much prettier with the wood on it"
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Looks great! Just remember to scrub her down real good before you head out. I have talked to some people that were completely unaware of the fact that you must clean the barrel before your first outing with a new firearm. Get some good copper solvent, carbon solvent, and a TON of patches; its gunna be a long day.. LOL break her in good!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Hey, Dsee, how do you levitate like that over your car. Nice peice I wish Pres Bush would send me another 1000 bucks.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

Awesome! You needed this AR! Terrorists? What do terrorists have to do with it? Shoot it as soon as you can, and post a range report about it. You guys rather new to AR-15's should be ready for some more intense cleaning time and care for your new rifles. It's the nature of the beast. Happy shooting, and be safe!

Nice, congrats on the new evil black rifle!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People like you are why Yamamoto called off the invasion. God love ya!

Nice AR...two points...

You shouldn't have bought one with one of those dangerous 'shroud' things...

and,

I heard that some of your neighbors called 911 because some 'crazy neighbor' was out taking pictures of a dangerous gun on his car...right out in the open...

Nice buy.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

So just finished cleaning her after comin back from the range. I went to a different range than normal cuz I had a free coupon for an hours range time. The range only allows Rifles to be fired with one round per magazine. So I had to Load a round. Insert Mag. Fire Round. Drop Mag Load a round insert Mag, fire round, drop mag and so on and so forth.. It was pretty annoying since I only had two Mags. Got annoyed with this routine so I only fired 20 rounds.

Spent the rest of the hour shooting my buddy's S&W M&P 9c. Nice Gun.

Gonna go to my normal range tomorow so I can put the AR to work.

BAC
    The hell kind of range is that...?

-B

Sponsored Links