It's finally gonna happen

This is a discussion on It's finally gonna happen within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Paco good deal. My G/F saw some of my guns last night and said why do you need all those. I always have one on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's finally gonna happen

VIP Member
    Paco good deal. My G/F saw some of my guns last night and said why do you need all those. I always have one on me and she has not caught on yet.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Paco good deal. My G/F saw some of my guns last night and said why do you need all those. I always have one on me and she has not caught on yet.
    We were discussing that at my birthday party and one of my nieces asked why do I need all these guns. I said, 1. I like them and they are fun, 2. I want to protect my family, and 3. I can't keep a Cop in my house all the time. All I got was an "ah-ha" nod from her.

I haven't gone shopping yet, didn't think I could adequately look at the 2 or 3 places I will go to with my 4 kids in tow, but I know what I am doing during lunch this week
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

When I met my wife of 17yrs this month, she was the first to bring up the topic of firearms, wanting to know if I liked them, as she had her own collection, well one trip to the range and we were both hooked on each other and the rest is history. Our wedding gifts were a SW 624 to her, and a Browning HP for me. We also collect knives, silver and gold coins. These type women are out there you just have to search harder for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Oh, the possibilities. Now the question is do I get an AR that is plain and then treat it like blank canvass, or shop around for one that already has some mods made to it?
    IMO get the best base AR you can than add your own toys make it yours. Like a motorcycle or your shottie. Are you going to go with direct impingement or piston? If its piston be sure to check out LWRC I have only heard good about them.
    Last edited by LongRider; October 5th, 2008 at 06:46 PM.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    I said, 1. I like them and they are fun, 2. I want to protect my family.

Paco. I said about the same as You did and I got the look. Her Father is a big trap shooter. She said it was OK if You used every gun you had for a purpose. I gave Her the look and said OK. . I was not in the mood to go around with Her about this again. She is going around thinking we live in a place full of Love. She don't seem to be very aware of what is going on around Her. I gave Her mace in the past. That was the last I saw of it. I said I would E-mail Her over some of every day life out there and She said it would only give Her nightmares. Don't bother. I am starting to wonder why I even bother.

Sorry to rant. +1 for all the Girls who care about their well been and those around them.

One thing I've noticed about AR15's,the more stuff you hang on them the heavier they get.decide what you want to use it for,If It's a Plinker ,SHTF gun then I would look at a flattop upper with a red dot sight with a BUIS "Backup Iron Sight"I would also attach a Light,At home defense ranges you should be good to go.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Plus she is hot enough to cause car wrecks and loves playing crazed weasels as she calls it anytime anywhere anyhow.
    Crazed weasels!!
    You can never have enough magazines or ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    One thing I've noticed about AR15's,the more stuff you hang on them the heavier they get.decide what you want to use it for,If It's a Plinker ,SHTF gun then I would look at a flattop upper with a red dot sight with a BUIS "Backup Iron Sight"I would also attach a Light,At home defense ranges you should be good to go.
    It will be a SHTF, with some plinking for practice. I was thinking flat top and a red dot or some similar sight. Also been looking at the Surefire light with the switch built in to the handle. Wonder if I can get an M203 as a civilian
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ldp4570 View Post
    These type women are out there you just have to search harder for them.
    WHERE? WHERE? I BEG YOU, PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

Ok, I've regained control. Paco, I've heard that the S&W M&P 15T is one of the best bangs for the buck. It is basically a Stag if I'm not mistaken. Lucky man.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links