It's finally gonna happen

This is a discussion on It's finally gonna happen within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Wife called me yesterday while I was at work and asked me, "so how much does an AR-15 cost again?" When I told her ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's finally gonna happen

The Wife called me yesterday while I was at work and asked me, "so how much does an AR-15 cost again?" When I told her she said that she had just finished baying bills and wanted me to go get one for my birthday.

I just stood there with this dumb look on my face, shocked. I think I'm gonna go shopping today
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I just stood there with this dumb look on my face, shocked. I think I'm gonna go shopping today
    If I got that that call from my wife I probley end up in the ER needing oxygen!

Must see pics when you get back from 'shopping'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Congratulations. When my wife saw me eyeballing a S&W 1911 she said you like that one, don't you - I said yes, very much, to which she replied why don't you get it. I did and its laying right in front of me as I type this.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    And how much jewelry did she want in exchange???

Kind of makes one look forward to being another year older.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    And how much jewelry did she want in exchange???
    Luckily all she wears is her wedding ring, a necklace with a simple icthus and some occasional toe rings.

But I do have to wonder what she will pick out when we start her on the path to her CHL.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

The Wife called me yesterday while I was at work and asked me, "so how much does an AR-15 cost again?" When I told her she said that she had just finished baying bills and wanted me to go get one for my birthday.

So where did you find this rare pick of the 'female species'?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    So where did you find this rare pick of the 'female species'?
    She was an intern that walked past my office door, long red hair and a long flowing skirt. The rest is history

-Paco

Isn't it awesome when your woman wants to BUY you a gun w/o you asking? My wife did the same thing to me and i stood there speechless.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member
    Usually if my wife wants me to buy a new gun, she already has what she wants in mind!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Weird. I just got exactly the same thing. I got this today in my birthday card
    today
    IOU at least 1

with complete accessories
    emphasis hers. She added if we have the money we will get the LWRC 308 when they come out. I think I may have gotten something in my eye when I read that. Basically she had decided that whatever we make off of our puppies is my gun money. Six years ago she bought me a motorcycle for Fathers Day.
    Plus she is hot enough to cause car wrecks and loves playing crazed weasels as she calls it anytime anywhere anyhow. Cooks, cleans and irons my jeans. Yes we are very lucky men. Took me forty years before I found this one and I am keeping her. In answer to the inevitable question yes she gets any piece of jewelry and pair of shoes her little heart desires' Just converted a spare bedroom into her shoe room. Thankfully she prefers silver and semi precious stones like turquoise and opals over gold and diamonds
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I may have to see if I can trade in my Maverick 88 to help out in the quest. I got the one from Academy and the foregrip can't be removed without replacing the tube. So I bet I can find a way to trade it and some cash, then later get the Mossy 500 or 590.

Oh, the possibilities. Now the question is do I get an AR that is plain and then treat it like blank canvass, or shop around for one that already has some mods made to it?

-Paco

Those among us that have partners that love us, understand our needs and desires, and will tolerate, no, encourage them are the luckiest men in all the world! Take the time to note and write down the dates that are important to her and you as a couple. Refer to it often and return the love! Physical possessions mean nothing if they aren't shared and money is simply lousy firewood if not used to be happy and secure.
    Gizmo51

B52
    Paco, you are a lucky man!

Paco, congratulations on being blessed with such an understanding wife. Does she have a sister between 27-33? What approach to take with the AR, depends on your budget. I might suggest a" cough-cough" Stag Arms. I am not biased, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    Paco, congratulations on being blessed with such an understanding wife. Does she have a sister between 27-33? What approach to take with the AR, depends on your budget. I might suggest a" cough-cough" Stag Arms. I am not biased, really.
    Her Sister is 35 and married already, and not a big fan of guns. Although last Sunday I have to say I was a bit turned on to watch my wife talk to her Sister about the need for personal firearms and CHL. Too bad the Cowboys lost, or I would have exploded!

-Paco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links