Defensive Carry banner

Defending my farm - opinions needed

4K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  bellyscraper 
#1 ·
I am fortunate enough to live on a decent size farm and unless the aliens land in MY field, I can probably stay put if bad things happen. I could probably bug out to my own woods if I need to. I won't go far, my children have 4 feet and fur and I am pretty dedicated to them. Right now, for long guns, I have a an AR-15 and a Win '94 .30-30 with a scope for big varmint control ( I don't actually eat meat and don't hunt, although I would if I needed to).

The house is off the road with a rise in between, about 300 yards away. The longest shot I can forsee needing to make anywhere on the farm accurately will be around 300 yards.
I've been thinking about caching the AR since I am the only one that knows that I have it, although it would be the better choice for my wife to shoot due to recoil.

I am considering an AR-10 .308 set up with for longer distance with a scope and a bipod. I don't need to collect guns for the sake of collecting. I do shoot frequently out back. I have shot the M1A had a blast, but it's not really what I want, and will cost more than I want to spend for a tool. The extra money can be used for more ammo:yup:

Realistically, what do you think, are the AR-15 and the Winchester enough and I should be satisfied and get more ammo ( I have 3,000 .223 and ~1,000 .30-30, and will get more).

See less See more
#32 ·
+1 on the 22 for practice I got a 22 bolt savage accutriger for 200 yrd,30-06 for 4to500 ybds Ammo-150-200/380ACP for walthers,300rnds for(2)9mm 1sigma,1HP,1,500rnds .22,for rifle+(2) handguns 1auto,1wheelgun/250 rnds 125 SJHP .357Rugersecurity six to top off 25 slugs&75 buck#1 need to add 500 more but its a start for 500 mossberg 06 is 700BDL got 100rnds of 140grn boatail Still need more ammo To hold fort down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.