Defensive Carry banner

Yugo M72 / Bulgarian SSR-85 /Lancaster Arms

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ofdesp 
#1 ·
I've decided on an AK per my other thread (mini30 vs. AK47). I've been reading up on 'em and for my price range I've narrowed it down to a Yugo M72, a Bulgarian SSR-85 or a Lancaster Arms AK. All three seem similar to someone who doesn't know much about 'em. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.:hand10:

#2 ·
Bulgarian-built AK-47 , 762 x 39 semi auto . These imported rifles feature hammer-forged, 16 inch chrome-lined threaded barrel with removable slant style muzzle brake . Thease heavy duty rifles have stamped Bulgarian made receivers, they are also built with some milled parts for heft balance & improved accuracy. ,They have a parkerized finish , black poly stock set & come with 1 -30 round mag , thick soft assault case .
AK47 Bulgarian SSR 85 Rifle Poly
I'd go with this one. The Bulgarian made AK's are just better IMO, and some things are spelled out in this description. I'm sort of partial to the Bulgarian AK's since I have one...but these are not Arsenal AK's. Still a good choice IMO.

#4 ·
10-4. I got to hold and look at a buddy's SSR-85 and a friend his Century Arms AK. No comparison as far as feel and the appearance of quality. I'm looking at three different places for the SSR-85. I'm sorta doing the research for myself and two friends who also want one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.