AK47

This is a discussion on AK47 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod ARSENAL INC Maybe these are not considered true AK-47 rifles? Oh no, Quite the contrary. They are some of the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AK47

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    ARSENAL INC

Maybe these are not considered true AK-47 rifles?
    Oh no, Quite the contrary. They are some of the best examples of AK rifles. Particularly their Milled ones. It just seems they don't produce very many and they are the premium. I have a Bulgarian made one of their milled receiver Rifles. Nice stuff. Kalishnikov himself once said of the Bulgarians that they made the rifle as he had designed it. He as quite impressed with them.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah....I know. That reply was for Rob. ;) That is a nice pic of a milled SA M-7 by AZG23. I have an SLR-95 myself. Sad that these are limited production and somewhat costly for the newbie to get into right off the bat. Prices will never go down, and as they continue to climb, demand will diminish. Most of the Arsenal offerings in milled or stamped are still below some of the custom builders quality rifles. Thing is the O.P. has quest for an AK-47 rifle in the $600 range. The search is long and hard, but I'm sure he can come up with something functional, quality, and long lasting. I can understand the dilemma.

Nice... Mine is a debanned SA-93. I have built a few from kits myself but nothing IMHO is as nice as one of the Bulgarian Milleds. Back when I got mine they were cheaper though. They are getting hard to find. I think the 95 you have was the last of the imports though. Mine started out similar to yours with the thumbhole stock (except they were wood on the 93) and then went from there. Changed out the FSB to add Bayo lug and all USA wood and FCG to comply but got it back to a Type 3 clone after it was all said and done.

Sweet! AZG23's rifle has a milled version buttstock on that SA M-7. I've tossed the idea around about the stock swap, but never want to chop the receiver tangs. At least I know it can be done. My SLR has never really incited many mod ideas from me and I pretty much like it as is. Still want a ribbed top cover for it though. My apologies for getting somewhat off topic.

heres a few more of her..

Its a great rifle..my 1st AK..

I too was looking for a good AK..and the more I read..the more I realized that the "good" ones were $$$...I ended up trading and M4 for this one with 7 mags, and 1800 rounds of 7.62. I bought another case of ammo and need more mags for it now..;)

Good luck on your search..
    Brad B.

Nice one Brad!

Ram Rod... no chopping. Ironwood make a stock just for a Miled with tang relief wood butt stock for ya. You can't see it in my picture but it has the tangs intact. If anything you can add a lower tang if you want too if your only has the upper tang like the 93 did. He can make it either two tang or one top tang and the 95, IIRC has the hole and tang slot already located to add the lower tang already if its not there already. Either way its fairly easy to do.

I still have my old wood thumbhole too in a box.

thanks!
    Brad B.

Again...hate to get too far off topic, but with pics like that....how can one really help it? That is a beautiful SA M-7 again. I notice the new 90° gas block on that, correct? I like the smooth looking furniture also. Again, advanced optics on the AK are the owner's choice. I, personally don't see the need....but the difference in the stamped vs. milled receivers, the quality trigger groups, a threaded-in chrome lined barrel vs.pressed and pinned barrel will make a lot of difference in the close range 50yd employment of the AK-47, or the possibility of it being the rifle of choice to 100m or a bit more still being effective. Just my opinions of course. Search the internet all you want to. I enjoy the pics and the interaction in this thread. Lots of useful information!

RR...yes..

Brad B.

I like my AK variant

Quote Originally Posted by AZG23 View Post
    Arsenal of Las Vegas...??
    Q: Is Arsenal Inc. and Arsenal Co. of Bulgaria the same company?
    A: Arsenal Inc. of Las Vegas, Nevada is not the same company as Arsenal Co. of Kazanlak, Bulgaria. Arsenal Inc. manufactures their own products and is the exclusive distributor for Arsenal Co. products.
    Arsenal Inc., was using imported Bulgy barrels and parts(from Arsenal Co.) on US receivers & internals. That may have changed, with the ATF ban, but as of September, the only US barrel maker was Green Mountain, and only on a very limited basis, not production line.

Not a huge issue, but something to remember when looking at prices- a genuine all-US gun would command a premium price, even as a mediocre build, primarily because the barrel would cost as much as all the other parts combined, with labor.

In any event, Aresenals are top of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Arsenal Inc., was using imported Bulgy barrels and parts(from Arsenal Co.) on US receivers & internals. That may have changed, with the ATF ban, but as of September, the only US barrel maker was Green Mountain, and only on a very limited basis, not production line.

Not a huge issue, but something to remember when looking at prices- a genuine all-US gun would command a premium price, even as a mediocre build, primarily because the barrel would cost as much as all the other parts combined, with labor.

In any event, Arsenals are top of the line.
    I figure you're probably right Rob72. Mine is a total import actually...straight from Bulgaria. By all outward appearances the Las Vegas company leads one to believe they have the equipment and technology to manufacture the whole rifle in-house. I'll know for sure if they ever e-mail me back.

Siafu ........ so back to your original question. Although I do not own an ARS AK, I have heard plenty of positive feedback on them. The folks at WarriorTalk have discussed ARS and had good things to say about their rifles. Just do a search on WT on ARS and you should get the information you need to make a decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links