AK47

This is a discussion on AK47 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Am giving serious consideration to getting an AK47 from Arizona Response Systems . Has anyone on the forum heard anything about them? What are the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK47

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

AK47

Am giving serious consideration to getting an AK47 from Arizona Response Systems. Has anyone on the forum heard anything about them? What are the comments of the forum community? If there are any ARS owners please post your pics. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I moved you from the "Concealed Carry Guns" to the "Rifles" section since an AK is not very concealable.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Try the Akfiles, tons of info on the AK over there and I'm sure some one has had experience with the company you are looking to buy from.

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    I moved you from the "Concealed Carry Guns" to the "Rifles" section since an AK is not very concealable.
    Phht, says you...

-B

Administrator
    I dunno, just looking at the info on the website, I'd pass. But I have to admit I've never heard of ARS.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I would go with a Jim Fuller build..company is Rifle Dynamics...

Highly recommended

RIFLE DYNAMICS - Tools and Training for the Professional Warrior
    Brad B.

They should be reasonably priced just judging by the parts they use for the rebuilds. IMO, Tapco makes some very cheap parts, but they are US parts to make the rifles compliant. These do have chrome lined barrels which are a definite plus especially for an AK. Seems like they do quite a bit of gunsmithing from shotguns to Glock grip reductions and such. A little off the beaten path, but I figure anyone who's been in business, or listed on the internet for at least ten years has formed some type of good reputation. As far as good quality AK's........you pretty much get what you pay for no matter what. There's reasonable, then there's cheap. There's functional, then there's exceptional.
    * 7.62x39mm semiautomatic rifles
    * Romanian "G" AKM parts demilitarized from new or like new rifles
    * chrome lined barrels and chambers
    * NDS-3 US fully heat treated receiver
    * TAPCO G2 fire control group fitted for proper engagement
    * TAPCO US gas piston
    * TAPCO US slant brake
    * magazine well tested with Romanian, Chinese, Bulgarian waffle, Polish, and Hungarian magazines
    * magazine catch height adjusted for proper engagement
    * headspace passes with original arsenal gauges
    * barrel straightness passes with original arsenal gauges
    * chamber dimension passes with original arsenal gauges
    * extractor adjustment passes with original arsenal gauges
    * crown erosion passes with original arsenal gauges
    * firing pin protrusion passes with original arsenal gauges.
    * sights aligned with original military boresight collimeter
    * rifles are test-fired for function and zeroed
    * METACOL III satin black finish over manganese phosphate Parkerizing
    * wood refinished with minimum 5 coats of laquer
    * includes one 30 round magazine
    Last edited by Ram Rod; October 14th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.

I haven't heard anything bad about Gunplumber's stuff at all. He posts a good deal over at Fal Files and AK files and seems pretty knowledable about it all. The guns look good. Mostly they are well done kit guns. He does seem to know his stuff when it comes to finishing and such. Prices are reasonable. Nothing seems to pop up that indicates they are not well done.

Good site with good info for anyone contemplating purchase of an AK rifle:
    AK-47.net: AK FAQ

I haven't heard anything bad about Gunplumber's stuff at all. He posts a good deal over at Fal Files and AK files and seems pretty knowledable about it all. The guns look good. Mostly they are well done kit guns. He does seem to know his stuff when it comes to finishing and such. Prices are reasonable. Nothing seems to pop up that indicates they are not well done.
    I never hinted that these might not be good 'builds' for the price. Just that they do appear to be parts kits builds as opposed to manufactured rifles. The Tapco internals? Well, I suggest getting spare parts for any AK or AR at the first possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Just that they do appear to be parts kits builds as opposed to manufactured rifles. The Tapco internals?
    There are no US manufactured AKs at this time, they are all kits, or imported barreled receivers.(Rifle Dynamics, Vector, etc., are all builders, not "makers")

ARS is GTG. Mark is either the only, or one of only a bare handful of smiths HK will refer people to for "factory refinishing".

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    There are no US manufactured AKs at this time, they are all kits, or imported barreled receivers.(Rifle Dynamics, Vector, etc., are all builders, not "makers")

ARS is GTG. Mark is either the only, or one of only a bare handful of smiths HK will refer people to for "factory refinishing".

Arsenal of Las Vegas...??

Brad B.

Correct... Arsenal USA would be about it for new parts completely. However they seem to build in spurts and often are unobtainable. All the rest are indeed kit refinished guns on new Receivers. Perhaps with the exception of WASR's that are then redone to be complaint once they get here.

I don't know what internals Gunplumber uses but I would expect he is using good Nodak Spud receivers and, yes, likely, Tapco G2 fc groups. Although you can get a set from Arsenal USA otherwise.

ARSENAL INC
    Introducing the SA M-7 SFK - US made factory SBR, 7.62x39 caliber, milled receiver, front sight/gas block combination, 24x1.5mm right-hand threads, Bulgarian made 4-piece flash hider, short gas system, black polymer ribbed handguards, stainless steel heatshield, original pistol grip made to work with ambidextrous safety lever, right side folding tubular buttstock, ambidextrous safety lever, Bulgarian special forces rear sight, scope rail.
    Manufacturer or builder?
    Arsenal Inc, is the exclusive licensed US manufacturer of some of the finest and most authentic examples of the time proven AK design. They utilize the latest technology and materials while upholding the legendary standards of Arsenal of Bulgaria.

All models are semi automatic, shoulder fired, gas operated, magazine fed rifles built on forged and milled receivers made with the latest CNC technology. Several models are available in calibers 7.62 x 39mm, 5.56 x 45mm, and 5.45 x 39.5mm. These distinguished firearms are assembled and quality assured by factory trained master craftsmen who maintain Arsenal's legendary 75-year reputation for quality.
    Most others mentioned DO spell out the fact they use kits or parts to build. Arsenal manufactures them here. Call them 1-888-539-2220.
    Maybe these are not considered true AK-47 rifles?

I don't know what internals Gunplumber uses but I would expect he is using good Nodak Spud receivers and, yes, likely, Tapco G2 fc groups. Although you can get a set from Arsenal USA otherwise.
    Arsenal will not sell any parts. You'd need to go through KVar or GlobalTrades.
    K-VAR Corporation
    Welcome to Armory USA

True... but you can get them. NoDak Spud also sells Arsenal FCG's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links