Butler Creek stock

Butler Creek stock

This is a discussion on Butler Creek stock within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the butler creek folding stock for a ruger 10/22. i have read a few good reviews ...

Thread: Butler Creek stock

Butler Creek stock

just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the butler creek folding stock for a ruger 10/22.

i have read a few good reviews and some that say that it loosens up. i would rather hear from you guys instead of some random people from cabela's who may have never handled anything other than their stock 10/22.
    Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early kill people.

I don't have one on a 10/22 but I put one on my 870 12 gague, I am very happy with it. It has preformed perfectly.

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

good timing! I got mine two weeks ago and .... I am not too happy about it! The folding stock's action works like a charm and is solid BUT my reciever and barrel just does not fit the stock. I've experimented with it but I just cannot get the receiver to go all the way down into the reciever's slot in the stock so that the triggerguard comes fully out the bottom but it just does not work. I've tried taking the barrel band off, getting smart with a knife carving some of the stock out and trying to install spacers but it just does not work! After 5-8 shots the trigger goes up into the stock and the top of the reciever sticks up into my face.

The only reason that I got this stock is because I don't think I'll be able to buy it new here in a few months...
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    I don't have one on a 10/22 but I put one on my 870 12 gague, I am very happy with it. It has preformed perfectly.

how well does it deal with recoil? recoil from 12ga never really offended me, but i'm curious
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    good timing! I got mine two weeks ago and .... I am not too happy about it! The folding stock's action works like a charm and is solid BUT my reciever and barrel just does not fit the stock. I've experimented with it but I just cannot get the receiver to go all the way down into the reciever's slot in the stock so that the triggerguard comes fully out the bottom but it just does not work. I've tried taking the barrel band off, getting smart with a knife carving some of the stock out and trying to install spacers but it just does not work! After 5-8 shots the trigger goes up into the stock and the top of the reciever sticks up into my face.

The only reason that I got this stock is because I don't think I'll be able to buy it new here in a few months...
    Does your gun have the "factory contour" barrel (aka the normal thin profile barrel) or does it have a bull barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. orange View Post
    Does your gun have the "factory contour" barrel (aka the normal thin profile barrel) or does it have a bull barrel?
    it has the original normal thin barrel
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    it has the original normal thin barrel
    thats strange, perhaps you ordered the bull barrel stock by mistake?

the bull barrel stock will say that it fits the .920" barrel i believe.

thats strange, perhaps you ordered the bull barrel stock by mistake?

the bull barrel stock will say that it fits the .920" barrel i believe.
    Huh? this Butler Creek Stock was made for a 10/22 with a normal barrel and this is the barrel it came with when I bought it at age 9. I just spent the whole day digitizing old family photo albums but if you really would appreciate it, I will take some pictures and upload them for you to see this:

you see the mag well sticking out and the trigger guard sticking up in the stock, this situation gets worse during shooting

The safety is hard to switch because it is really jammed up against the stock and sometimes it gets in the middle position which allows the whole trigger guard and trigger to go inside the stock's recess for the receiver.

and here is a nifty muzzle brake that keeps my sights aligned on target as I get happy with the trigger:

I had the muzzle brake, high cap magazines and all i wanted was a pistol grip/folding stock to really make my 22 plinker into an "Assault Rifle" but the stock is really buggin me!

i dunno man, without looking at the stock, or its packaging, i can't really tell you whats wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by laeckcrov View Post
    how well does it deal with recoil? recoil from 12ga never really offended me, but i'm curious
    Not bad. You can tell it is a 12 gauge.....

Pistol grip helps pull it tight, and I like have the 3 rounds on the stock rather than on the reciever.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

i dunno man, without looking at the stock, or its packaging, i can't really tell you whats wrong with it.
    Well I showed you what was wrong with it, you asked if anyone had one and wasn't sure about the feedback on a few websites SO I gave you my feedback plus a complaint

The stock I have should be, was advertised as and isn't a bolt on deal for my normal 10/22

Here is a video that I made for you:

Ruger 10/22 - LiveVideo.com

Sponsored Links