Shotgun Attachment for 4-rail

This is a discussion on Shotgun Attachment for 4-rail within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The last couple of months i have been tossing around the idea of mounting an underslung shotgun to the 4-rail Free Float hanguard of my ...

Thread: Shotgun Attachment for 4-rail

The last couple of months i have been tossing around the idea of mounting an underslung shotgun to the 4-rail Free Float hanguard of my AR-15. Unfortunately, all the ones i can find are roughly 10" barrels. I don't have any the time right now to apply for the permit for such a thing.

Anyone have any form of homemade device that satisfies the shotgun laws requiring 18" barrels? Any idea on where i can find a commercially available product? I'd even be willing to mount it on one of the side rails.

My AR-15 wasn't designed around mobility, so it doesn't need to be a light solution, but i would like to have it in the event of a severe pucker factor moment.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Be careful, you could end up like this!

I don't think there's a shotgun that fits what you want. I wouldn't shoot 12ga shells out of it, but you could cause some pucking iwth a Havoc from Spikes
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

The Shotgun

If it were not permanantly attached, and on a Picatinny rail would not do it, it would have to be a barrel of 18 inches, but still 26 inches overall. With no stock that might be a lot of barrel. If you really wanted it, You might have to pay the $200 to The Man for an AOW or SBS.

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    I don't think there's a shotgun that fits what you want. I wouldn't shoot 12ga shells out of it, but you could cause some pucking iwth a Havoc from Spikes

There are modified 870's usually referred to as Masterkeys, which are what he wants, he'd just need the tax stamp.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by laeckcrov View Post
    but i would like to have it in the event of a severe pucker factor moment.
    Not worth it. You can do it by mounting a rail clamp to the top of your shotty receiver, and having a custom made receiver back-plate that will lock in behind the AR fore-end.

Total weight, between both fully-loaded would be pushing 25#.

Why?

Carry more ammo for either one, and be more effective. Unless you're putting it on a pintle-mount & pod...

I've seen masterkeys, but aren't they at least AOWs with all the attached ATF paperwork. I thought the masterkey had something like a 10in barrel. That would fall under the description of a AOW.
    Now... the Havoc can be purchased without the ATF paperwork, and it would incite puckeritis if pointed at an unfriendly...esp outdoors with an ALS CS round..or indoors if the OP had the proper gear.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Sponsored Links