Help finding Ak 47

Help finding Ak 47

This is a discussion on Help finding Ak 47 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looking to get a quality Ak for $600 or less. would like Yugo underfolder, but others would be ok. None at the last gun show ...

Thread: Help finding Ak 47

Help finding Ak 47

Looking to get a quality Ak for $600 or less. would like Yugo underfolder, but others would be ok. None at the last gun show I went to and All places online seem to have them backordered. Any help would be appreciated.
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

Check these guys out I am looking at some of the same things. I am close to where their warehouse is so I can put my hands on what I am looking at.
    Centerfire Systems, Inc.
    Perhaps some of the folks on here have delt with them before.

You should really check into some of the AK forums on this in particular. They would better serve you in my opinion. Then again....you might come across a real good deal on the buy/sell/trade forums on such a site. Good, quality should be totally out of the question for six bills, but you need a real good source!

Thanks for the advice, but cenerfire is out of stock on Aks and the Yugo and Bulgarian are under $600 and everything I read is they are good quality , maybe not the best, but not a Romanian.
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

Get a Bulgarian if you can, IMO. I hear Mikhail Kalashnikov even thought these were the best, based on his own designs.

Well I can tell you from researching the heck out of this in the last week. You are going to have a tough time. Every time a deal pops up in a forum it is gone in less then a 1/2hr. Sometimes in 5-10mins of a posting. I just ordered one from ARS. Again from the research I did for the $600 range it is one of the best choices out there. They have them in stock. I read on several forums that they are a very well built ak. Do your own research or take my word and order one from them. Here is a link. Good luck.Arizona Response Systems: Online Store Page: Firearms
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Holy Moly, ARS is just up the street from me! Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock30SF View Post
    Well I can tell you from researching the heck out of this in the last week. You are going to have a tough time. Every time a deal pops up in a forum it is gone in less then a 1/2hr. Sometimes in 5-10mins of a posting. I just ordered one from ARS. Again from the research I did for the $600 range it is one of the best choices out there. They have them in stock. I read on several forums that they are a very well built ak. Do your own research or take my word and order one from them. Here is a link. Good luck.Arizona Response Systems: Online Store Page: Firearms
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Classic Arms ususally has some available, reasonable prices, no complaint on quality. My G-model (several months ago) was great; a friend inspected it, and ordered one for himself the next payday.
    Don't overlook the Saiga as an option; they are "civilianized" but they're still AK's, and they're pretty well made (at least, what I've seen). They can often be had (new) cheaper than a rebuilt surplus AK in "fair" condition. They may not take a standard AK magazine without modifying either the mag or the mag-well but either modification is fairly minor, OR, Saiga mags are easily available even though they cost more. (I have an AK, my brother has a Saiga - we compare notes.)

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30SF View Post
    Prices going up with the demand! For $600 I would jump on the ARS offering. I spend time on WarriorTalk where the guys are serious about their AK's as fighting rifles. Several recent threads on ARS and all are extremely positive. Also, Jim Fuller - Rifle Dynamics - who builds one of the finest custom AK's - did a recent post endorsing the quality of the ARS build for the money. If I knew now what I did back in April, the ARS would have been my first AK purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by JrHawk View Post
    Prices going up with the demand! For $600 I would jump on the ARS offering. I spend time on WarriorTalk where the guys are serious about their AK's as fighting rifles. Several recent threads on ARS and all are extremely positive. Also, Jim Fuller - Rifle Dynamics - who builds one of the finest custom AK's - did a recent post endorsing the quality of the ARS build for the money. If I knew now what I did back in April, the ARS would have been my first AK purchase.
    That was probably my post! I tell you I spent lots of hours and although there may be others out there. It is hit and miss on the build quality from what I am told. That is the main reason I went with ARS. I couldn't find one bad thing about the build quality of his rifle.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I just got an M70B2 at a gun show and I like it a lot. Be forewarned though, I'm finding that there are prescious few parts , mod's, and add-ons that will fit. Most things are unique to the Yugo. Action cover, handguards, safety lever, etc., and a couple I've found are sold out with no backorders. Good luck!
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

won bid on Yugo underfolder for $425 with two mags oil can, bayonet. Getting it lined up with FFL tomorrow
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

My dad and I are going to buy some more AKs . I think I'll get a couple more yugos and a couple Bulgarians as I too have read much about their reputations. They have them for $549 at a couple places
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

Quote Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
    My dad and I are going to buy some more AKs . I think I'll get a couple more yugos and a couple Bulgarians as I too have read much about their reputations. They have them for $549 at a couple places
    Paid $555 for my Yugo underfolder (Century Arms build) w/ 2 bolt hold-open mags at a Florida gun show. Tax and call-in fee and I was done. No shipping, no transfer fee, no wait (I have a CCP)
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

Links