ProMag PM152 Remington 870 Picatinny Tri-Rail Fore End

This is a discussion on ProMag PM152 Remington 870 Picatinny Tri-Rail Fore End within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone have one of these for their 870? I know I've got to replace that oversized fore end on my soon to be shotgun. Seems ...

Thread: ProMag PM152 Remington 870 Picatinny Tri-Rail Fore End

ProMag PM152 Remington 870 Picatinny Tri-Rail Fore End

Anyone have one of these for their 870? I know I've got to replace that oversized fore end on my soon to be shotgun. Seems to be a good option over the standard tactical fore end. Just wondering if it would be kinda rough on the hand.

http://www.promagindustries.com/accessories.asp

2. Remove Ads

I generaly try to stay away from anything ProMag. I have not seen the best quality from them.

If I were to put a railed forend on a shotgun. I would use rail covers and possibly a forward grip.
    -Biker

Rough on the hand, prone to breakage, or really oversized with rail covers.

Falcon makes a comparable product that I would trust before ProMag. If you're putting a VFG on, it makes sense, otherwise...

If you're putting a VFG on, it makes sense, otherwise...
    Vertical fore grip? Never entertained that idea. I'd think it would be prone to snagging on something.
    Thanks for the input so far. I think the tactical fore end from Brownell's is a little cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Vertical fore grip? Never entertained that idea. I'd think it would be prone to snagging on something.
    Thanks for the input so far. I think the tactical fore end from Brownell's is a little cheaper.
    They do make foregrips that fold,but I think overall that forearm would be hard to grip
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'd be curious to see what you find. I'd like to put a light on my 870 and have thought about a railed forend. I have also had poor experience with Promag products.

Well, I wish you guys would elaborate on your poor experiences with the ProMag products. This item lists a lifetime warranty (I know), for the product.

I'd be curious to see what you find. I'd like to put a light on my 870 and have thought about a railed fore end. I have also had poor experience with Promag products.
    Well, I might be a test subject then, because I went ahead and ordered it today off E-bay. I'll be saving under $10 the way I figure on the whole deal, shipping included. I just keep envisioning my M3 tac light on the left side. Funny thing is......I'll be getting the fore end before I actually have my 870 in hand! Thanks for the replies. You know I'll be posting pics when the whole thing is here and done.

I wanted to put a single point sling on my AR...Bought a Promag receiver end plate with a loop to attach the sling. After I installed it I couldn't work the charging handle. Inspection revealed that the part (Chinese made) was cut wrong and was too tall and fouling the charging handle. Some filing took care of the clearance issue for now. A YHM sling plate is on order. I'll not be buying anymore Promag products.

Well, you're trying something new, but...

The VFG is (obviously) placing a pistol grip on the fore end. Been around for years, and not a bad idea on fairly short shottys, since you do have more control over the front.

If the three rails are left bare, it will be pretty uncomfortable to operate, unless you have Wilt Chamberlain sized hands. Putting wide rail covers on will make the grip HUGE; using ladder-rail covers is okay, but you're only gripping the rail sections- you have much less contact with the fore end than with the stock part.

The big disadvantage to the rails is that fracture, or a sizeable divot being taken out during usage, will make it very hard to use without tearing up your hand.

I don't run my Remingtons like I used to run the Benelli (quantity), but I have run them hard. It might work for you, but my suspicion is that it will go in the parts box.

Let us know what you think, when you have a chance to play with it!

We don't need no stinkin' rails !

Heard good things about the Over-sized Hogue Forends..but NO rail capability. I'm a KISS(not the band)kinda guy so the less "bells and whistles" the better. I'm getting an 870 Police for XMAS and probably will invest in a 4-shot Mesa Tactical side-saddle and some sort of light attachment for a SureFire. That's it !! Oh yeah, PLENTY OF PRACTICE AMMO from Walley World !!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Perhaps this, along with the shorter foregrip?

Nordic Components 12 Gauge Shotgun Extension Tube Clamp with Rail -

Well, that would be okay besides the fact you'd need a cord and pressure switch to turn the light on and off. With a pump action, I'm not seeing it myself. Thanks for the idea though.

By the way...any of you knowledgeable folks know what thread size the front sight would be on the 870? 5-40 or 6-48? Been eyeballing Meprolight's front bead sight. Thanks.
    Doing E-Bay this morning......looks like a Hi-Viz tactical follower could be coming soon as well. LOL!

Well, no matter. My front sight on the 870 Express is press fit. I'd have to break it off, and drill and tap. I due time I imagine. As for the aftermarket fore end, my VFG fits on the rail very tightly....however, my M3 tac-light fits rather loosely and wiggles once on the rail. Something tells me everything is not standardized. It's in my box of possible mods though.

Links