Bushmaster M4 A3 - Page 2

Bushmaster M4 A3

This is a discussion on Bushmaster M4 A3 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by DblTap To me that seems high too. Does the Bushmaster m4 A3 have a .223 or a 5.56 barrel? I was impresses ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster M4 A3

Quote Originally Posted by DblTap View Post
    To me that seems high too.
    Does the Bushmaster m4 A3 have a .223 or a 5.56 barrel?
    I was impresses with the Bushmasters when I was looking for the right AR.

Pretty certain all Bushmasters stuff is Wylde (sp?) chamber so do shoot both. RRA too I am fairly certain. Another good brand. Have had them both and had no problems with either.

Does sound a bit high. I would expect that rifle your looking at should be found for just around $900. Maybe $850. I think I paid well less than $800 for a Bushmaster M4 A2 Carbine last year. My Son still has that one. And I built an RRA upper flat top Chrome lined barrel carbine into a full gun for $650 then too. By buying things separately.

I only paid $900 for my Colt A2 HBAR so there ya go. It was used though and I had to thread and put the comp break on it because it was Ban erra rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I sold my former Ithaca 37 12ga on consignment at one of my local gun shops a few years ago. I asked what he would charge, and priced my shotgun accordingly to get what I wanted for it. He charged 10% on the sale which I got $325 out of in the end. It took five weeks to sell, but I was firm on the price. It was circa 1976 with original wood stock and slam-fire capability, and I'd had it re-parkerized two years earlier. That's the only firearm that I've sold that I wish I had back now. Such is life I reckon. We all live with our decisions, but from what the dealer told me, it sold to a fellow returning home to one of the southern states after a hurricane.
    Dang. Those are the holy grail of Ithaca too. I can imagine your regret.

Got my Bushie for $150 less than yours...added an EO Tech to the flat top...Mmmmmm...mmmmmm, she's a keeper.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

B52
    Price is way too high, but if you have money to burn get it. Bushmasters are quality rifles.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    That seems a little high, but not too much. I paid $995 for my M&P15. I almost decided on a Bushmaster, but wanted something different from my buddies who already have Bushmasters. If you must pay fifty bucks more, then go ahead. That's cheap compared to what they might be in a year or two.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Be sure to check the gas key bolts to ensure that they are correctly staked. If not, find someone who has a MOACKS tool and have them staked. You may want to have an AR15/M16 armorer go over it to check that that everything is as it should be, the bolt is properly outfitted and that the chamber is truly of 5.56 dimensions.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Well guys I put it on layaway today :) Just have to sell my bolt action ruger .223 first so I have the money, but I'm pumped!
    Kahr CW45
    Glock 19 OD

If Obama is the answer it was a dumb question.

Bushmasters go for about $850.00 in my area, brand new. They are a good rifle though.

Glad your Bushmaster isn't far away now! I'm doing the layaway thing on my Remington 870. At least we are locked in!

Yeah for sure! Also I forgot to mention the ar I put on layaway is the Bushmaster m4 a3 xm-15 "homeland defender" model. I'm not sure as to what differences this particular model has over the standard m4 a3. I know it has a 16" barrel with 1" removable suppressor over the 14.5 with fixed suppressor. If any one knows any other differences that would be great!
    ~Erik
    Kahr CW45
    Glock 19 OD

Quote Originally Posted by PARADIGM 45 View Post
    Yeah for sure! Also I forgot to mention the ar I put on layaway is the Bushmaster m4 a3 xm-15 "homeland defender" model. I'm not sure as to what differences this particular model has over the standard m4 a3. I know it has a 16" barrel with 1" removable suppressor over the 14.5 with fixed suppressor. If any one knows any other differences that would be great!
    ~Erik
    Couldn't tell you about all that, but I'm thinking the removable flash suppressor is a plus? The total 16" compliance is a must unless you are a class III. I have an 11.5" barrel with pinned 5.5" flash suppressor. The 'Commando' model I've always wanted. Back in the mid 90's, I had one of the 14.5" barrel Bushmasters with the pinned on 'AK' muzzle brake, and as with most of the Bushmasters....accuracy is top notch. First I've heard of the 'homeland defender' model, but anything put out by Bushmaster is good to go, or otherwise, they will swap it out with you in short order under warranty. Anything else is taken on a case-by case basis, but you'll get excellent customer support either way.

Couldn't tell you about all that, but I'm thinking the removable flash suppressor is a plus? The total 16" compliance is a must unless you are a class III. I have an 11.5" barrel with pinned 5.5" flash suppressor. The 'Commando' model I've always wanted. Back in the mid 90's, I had one of the 14.5" barrel Bushmasters with the pinned on 'AK' muzzle brake, and as with most of the Bushmasters....accuracy is top notch. First I've heard of the 'homeland defender' model, but anything put out by Bushmaster is good to go, or otherwise, they will swap it out with you in short order under warranty. Anything else is taken on a case-by case basis, but you'll get excellent customer support either way.
    I'm confused, if the law says 16"s, why would you want less of it to be barrel?

but I'm thinking the removable flash suppressor is a plus?

Yeah I thought that was a neet idea myself. Figured I could change the suppressor later if I wanted.
    Here is a pic of what it looks like BTW:

Kahr CW45
    Glock 19 OD

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    I'm confused, if the law says 16"s, why would you want less of it to be barrel?
    Less weight for one, faster in transition. Not all of us think an AR-15 is a 500yd sniper rifle. Those who even think about something in the AR platform for long range generally go for the 20" heavy profile barrels. For CQB, "shorter' barrel won't have any effects other than being lighter and more responsive. The .223 caliber bullets are still going through no matter what. Again...you'll need to decide whether your rifle is going to be 'practical or tactical'. Most of us here aren't doing groundhogs at 500m. If we were, I'm sure we'd chose something other than the AR-15 for the platform but not totally counting it out. Besides.......an 11 1/2" barrel with 5.5" flash suppressor looks totally B.A.! I know....looks aint everything.

well worth it

$1050 for a Bushmaster m4a3...... Get it while you can....I bought mine about 7 months ago for the same price and do not regret it. Be sure to get extra GOOD QUALITY magazines.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links