Who wants to talk me in/out of an AR? - Page 2

Who wants to talk me in/out of an AR?

This is a discussion on Who wants to talk me in/out of an AR? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Get the AR if you can, then if things turn out OK next week go pick up the AK for cheep (compared to the AR) ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants to talk me in/out of an AR?

Get the AR if you can, then if things turn out OK next week go pick up the AK for cheep (compared to the AR) and you really be set!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Buy what you are willing/able to use. If you can't pick it up, and use it as intended, it's something you want to buy "because it may soon be verboten," is foolish. If you have $2500, in hand, right now, to purchase an AR package (rifle, 10-12 mags, 2K rounds and essential parts), don't.

For $1000 in hand, you can have an AK package within the week.

If you only have $300-500 in hand, buy the Mossberg, 500 rounds of lead 00 buck and 250 slugs as soon as possible. Lead shot is heading out in the not too distant future; lead shot is the most effective anti-personnel ammo.

"Want" is not something to discuss. Domestic terrorism and "civil unrest" is pretty much a given if Obama is elected; likely from PETA/Earth First/Choad Pink/etc., with McCain. The lefties are only more palatible in that they are usually less effective in their violence.

Just something else, sorta non-firearm related to add: the older handheld scanners could be worthwhile investments. You can find the Radio Shack/Realistic Pro-34-Pro-46 or 49 on ebay for around $100. They were capable of picking up cell transmissions, and can be modified to increase the coverage range.

If folks are burning cars and Quickie Marts, they're probably talking about it to someone. Also good to know if PD is shutting off freeway ramps, diverting traffic, etc.. Nice info to have...

Get one.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

You can always buy a stripped lower for ~$100-150. Then when you have the duckets you can build it into the AR you desire. Since it is the "serialed" part of the gun, the rest can be ordered by mail, at any time.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Hmmm... AR's are a lot of fun to build and AK's are still fairly affordable. I would deffinately get one of them before the end of the year. I have both and I'm not sure which one I would want first if I had to start all over. So for now.....my vote goes towards an AK!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Buy what you are willing/able to use. If you can't pick it up, and use it as intended, it's something you want to buy "because it may soon be verboten," is foolish. If you have $2500, in hand, right now, to purchase an AR package (rifle, 10-12 mags, 2K rounds and essential parts), don't.
    Ive actually got about $4000 saved up. But that is everything and is a small fortune for someone my age (18). About $1500 of that is going for a down payment on a car. that leaves $2500, but I dont want to be spending all of my remaining money on firearms. So a $1000 or so AR package wouldnt be tooo out of line. I was thinking of:

A Stag Model 2-$862 after shipping and FFL transfer
    7 Magpul PMAGs-$99
    1 USGI Mag w/Magpul Follower-$13
    A Phantom 5C2 Flash Hider-$25
    Hoppes Cleaning Kit-$10
    Trigger Lock-$5
    Silicone Gun Cloth-$3
    4oz Break Free CLP-$8
    Hoppes Cleaning Patches-$5
    S&W Hearing Protection-$17

The total comes out to about $1092 after shipping and taxes and everything, and thats not even counting ammo.

not terrrrible, but on the other hand I could spend less than $500 for a mossberg shotgun with plenty of goodies.
    GUN CONTROL IS USING BOTH HANDS

I believe its a shoulder thing that goes up - Carolyn McCarthy (D)

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says go away in every language.
    -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by bal_g23 View Post
    Ive actually got about $4000 saved up. But that is everything and is a small fortune for someone my age (18). About $1500 of that is going for a down payment on a car. that leaves $2500, but I dont want to be spending all of my remaining money on firearms. So a $1000 or so AR package wouldnt be tooo out of line. I was thinking of:

A Stag Model 2-$862 after shipping and FFL transfer
    7 Magpul PMAGs-$99
    1 USGI Mag w/Magpul Follower-$13
    A Phantom 5C2 Flash Hider-$25
    Hoppes Cleaning Kit-$10
    Trigger Lock-$5
    Silicone Gun Cloth-$3
    4oz Break Free CLP-$8
    Hoppes Cleaning Patches-$5
    S&W Hearing Protection-$17

The total comes out to about $1092 after shipping and taxes and everything, and thats not even counting ammo.

not terrrrible, but on the other hand I could spend less than $500 for a mossberg shotgun with plenty of goodies.
    I wouldn't buy a car on credit right now. Buy one cash and look around for a same model that is wrecked so you can strip parts from it and keep your main ride going. You may need to down grade to a good AK47 with 8 or 10 mags and at least 1k rounds of ammo. Get a xdm-40 with a few clips and a good leather belt and holster w/mag carriers and keep a couple of hundred rounds of ammo for the handgun. I bought an molle ammo vest for 40 bucks that has room for six 30 round clips some shotgun rounds, pistol clips and even has a holster for a large frame handgun. Its fully adjustable so it will fit me or my wife, I really need to buy a second one. I've been getting ready for this for years and I've spent a lot of money.

Wait a minute, I just thought of something.... Get a couple of credit cards and max em out on canned food, guns and ammo. These items will be the currency of the future. Get a large cash advance and buy your two cars then skip out on the payments, hell it worked for the Wall Street Bangsters...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links