Price of AR15 magazines

This is a discussion on Price of AR15 magazines within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My boyfriend and I are planning on getting a couple AR15s in the next few months. A friend mentioned to us that we should get ...

Thread: Price of AR15 magazines

Price of AR15 magazines

My boyfriend and I are planning on getting a couple AR15s in the next few months. A friend mentioned to us that we should get the magazines now because prices on 30 round magazines are supposed to be going up (quickly) because of the election. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

Our friend saw an online store saying this, so they could just be trying to make some sales. Your thoughts on this are appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

It is a good possibility. Or better yet if you wait too long they will be banned again!! My advice is to get them now while the getting is good
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

BAC
    May be banned again. May. Talk like that is exactly what gives greedy manufacturers and dealers the notion to raise prices.

Magazines are consumables. When they go bad, you fix them, and if you can't fix them you trash them. A rifle without magazines is just an expensive club. With Pmags and USGI mags with Magpul followers at less than $15 apiece, there's no reason not to pick up several just because they're useful to have on-hand.

-B

Depending on how it all goes and how quickly it happens, you could easily see prices rise.

Were not changing prices until the distributors hike them up but don't be surprised at the prices on 30 rounders after the election. Wouldn't hurt to order them in now or just order from me - prices aren't going up anytime soon.

Some online distributors do bulk buy discounts (10 mags or more). You can get the 20 or 30 rounders for anywhere from $10-$11 each this way. Glock magazines have already gone up in price twice this year....I'm pretty much self-sufficient on those and maintain my own. Have all different kinds of AR mags, but very little in the way of replacement parts other than followers. Prices on everything firearm related will only continue to increase.

Thanks for your help everyone! What do you know, we went to the grocery store, and saw a sign for a gun show just three miles from our house. We budgeted quickly and ended up taking an AR15 home with us! We'll definitely get some magazines asap, especially now that we already have the rifle!

Prices are going to go up anyway...either just up, or way up...same direction...just the speed we'll find out about in another few days.

If you have to ask, you don't have enough.

My AR is a SHTF weapon for the homefront. I only have 8 mags that I purchased with it, but my neighbor has hundreds and hundreds of mags...along with hundreds of everything else...REALLY!
    I'm assuming that I shouldn't need to buy any more.

Stay armed...plan ahead...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If Obama wins I feel that the new currency will be ammo and high cap mags. In preperation for the worst that could happen I have been buying guns, mags, and ammo with every spare dollar I can geet my hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    If Obama wins I feel that the new currency will be ammo and high cap mags. In preperation for the worst that could happen I have been buying guns, mags, and ammo with every spare dollar I can geet my hands on.
    Amen brotha.....Amen! Canned goods and ammo...the future stock market.

Links