Defensive Carry banner

Average priced ar 15.

7K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Erik 
#1 ·
im looking into getting a AVERAGE priced ar 15. the ones im looking at is DPMS for 699$ , STAG ARMS 749$, S&W M&P 899$ or BUSHMASTER 899$ what do you guys think would be the best way to go and why

#3 ·
im looking into getting a AVERAGE priced ar 15. the ones im looking at is DPMS for 699$ , STAG ARMS 749$, S&W M&P 899$ or BUSHMASTER 899$ what do you guys think would be the best way to go and why
My Bushie was about $900...:yup:...it was a great choice for me.

#5 ·
bal_g23, Rob (the guy who made that chart) has requested that unless it's the most current version of the chart that it not be posted. Yours is an out-of-date version. In fact, I think he mentioned he's going to make them into images anymore just because of out-of-date versions floating around confusing people, and has pretty much resorted to using the Google Documents chart instead. Always up-to-date. Look at the bottom and click on "Specs" and you'll find what you need.

-B

#7 ·
It's cool. 'The Chart' has spread to corners of the interweb I visit that he doesn't, so I make it a point to help him, and everyone else who would use the chart, out by spreading the word when I can. :smile:

To answer the original question... I would put the average priced AR15 at about $900-$950. Most ARs are going to cost above or below that, though; the few that are about that are usually in that lower bracket anyway (LMTs notwithstanding).

-B

#8 · (Edited)
Of the AR options you've listed, there really isn't a bad choice. I've had great performance from both my Stag & S&W. But have nothing negative to report about DPMS or Bushmaster. IMHO, the only mistake you could make right now is not purchasing one of your choices...right NOW!

#9 ·
panicky silly people

for better advice an the ar go to ar15.com the info on this website is a bit behind regarding the ar, and no reason to panic would be a long time if at all before obama began any imaginary crusade against firearms, i think this fear is created by gun manufafcturers too sell more weapons

#10 ·
for better advice an the ar go to ar15.com the info on this website is a bit behind regarding the ar, and no reason to panic would be a long time if at all before obama began any imaginary crusade against firearms, i think this fear is created by gun manufafcturers too sell more weapons
I know where youre coming from, but im going to have to disagree with you on this one. This is pulled straight from Obama's website.

Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Heres the link
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Urban Policy

#14 ·
There's no constitutional protection against permanent laws. Laws against prostitution for example have no 'sunset date'. It is unusual for a law to have a sunset, rather than the other way around. The previous AWB had a sunset clause to get the votes needed to pass it.

#17 · (Edited)
I suggest, for a nominal amount more, opting for a base model LMT.

MSRP for a complete LMT 16" Standard Service is $1235. Parted out as complete lowers and uppers, still looking to MSRP, the same rifle can be had for @1063. (Complete lower@ $330 + complete upper@ $614 + LMT BUIS@ $119 = $1063)

Shopping around can bring that down. Don't forget the used market.

And... You don't have to settle for less.

Less doesn't always mean less, by the way: MSRP on Bushmaster's "comparable" products, the 16" M4 Type Carbine and 16" Patrolman Carbine , are $1300 and $1270 respectively, and does not include BUIS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.