Average priced ar 15.

Average priced ar 15.

This is a discussion on Average priced ar 15. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; im looking into getting a AVERAGE priced ar 15. the ones im looking at is DPMS for 699$ , STAG ARMS 749$, S&W M&P 899$ ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Average priced ar 15.

Average priced ar 15.

im looking into getting a AVERAGE priced ar 15. the ones im looking at is DPMS for 699$ , STAG ARMS 749$, S&W M&P 899$ or BUSHMASTER 899$ what do you guys think would be the best way to go and why

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    My FFL guy has Spikes lower based flattop AR-15's with chrome lined bores for $645.

Quote Originally Posted by mmasteve View Post
    im looking into getting a AVERAGE priced ar 15. the ones im looking at is DPMS for 699$ , STAG ARMS 749$, S&W M&P 899$ or BUSHMASTER 899$ what do you guys think would be the best way to go and why
    My Bushie was about $900......it was a great choice for me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Stag all the way, especially for that price
    GUN CONTROL IS USING BOTH HANDS

I believe its a shoulder thing that goes up - Carolyn McCarthy (D)

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says go away in every language.
    -Clint Smith

BAC
    bal_g23, Rob (the guy who made that chart) has requested that unless it's the most current version of the chart that it not be posted. Yours is an out-of-date version. In fact, I think he mentioned he's going to make them into images anymore just because of out-of-date versions floating around confusing people, and has pretty much resorted to using the Google Documents chart instead. Always up-to-date. Look at the bottom and click on "Specs" and you'll find what you need.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    bal_g23, Rob (the guy who made that chart) has requested that unless it's the most current version of the chart that it not be posted. Yours is an out-of-date version. In fact, I think he mentioned he's going to make them into images anymore just because of out-of-date versions floating around confusing people, and has pretty much resorted to using the Google Documents chart instead. Always up-to-date. Look at the bottom and click on "Specs" and you'll find what you need.

-B

Thanks, I had no idea. My bad.

-Clint Smith

BAC
    It's cool. 'The Chart' has spread to corners of the interweb I visit that he doesn't, so I make it a point to help him, and everyone else who would use the chart, out by spreading the word when I can.

To answer the original question... I would put the average priced AR15 at about $900-$950. Most ARs are going to cost above or below that, though; the few that are about that are usually in that lower bracket anyway (LMTs notwithstanding).

-B

Of the AR options you've listed, there really isn't a bad choice. I've had great performance from both my Stag & S&W. But have nothing negative to report about DPMS or Bushmaster. IMHO, the only mistake you could make right now is not purchasing one of your choices...right NOW!
    Last edited by ghost tracker; November 3rd, 2008 at 05:59 PM.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

panicky silly people

for better advice an the ar go to ar15.com the info on this website is a bit behind regarding the ar, and no reason to panic would be a long time if at all before obama began any imaginary crusade against firearms, i think this fear is created by gun manufafcturers too sell more weapons

Quote Originally Posted by newconvert View Post
    for better advice an the ar go to ar15.com the info on this website is a bit behind regarding the ar, and no reason to panic would be a long time if at all before obama began any imaginary crusade against firearms, i think this fear is created by gun manufafcturers too sell more weapons
    I know where youre coming from, but im going to have to disagree with you on this one. This is pulled straight from Obama's website.

Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Heres the link
    Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Urban Policy

-Clint Smith

Yep, he will ban assault weapons. I am sure of that. Clinton did it and he will do it also. I believe he will take it a step further. Get what you can afford while you can.
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

Quote Originally Posted by newconvert View Post
    Not panicky if one is trying to be prepared and to obtain a hot commodity.

What is the meaning of your handle? New convert from what? To what?

Exactly how can they make any law permanent? Scary notion, but is it physically possible in our government?
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

Quote Originally Posted by prawls View Post
    Exactly how can they make any law permanent? Scary notion, but is it physically possible in our government?
    There's no constitutional protection against permanent laws. Laws against prostitution for example have no 'sunset date'. It is unusual for a law to have a sunset, rather than the other way around. The previous AWB had a sunset clause to get the votes needed to pass it.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Mine was below $750 and that price includes a 5-pack of Magpul P-Mags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links