Is this a good deal? AR-15 - Page 2

Is this a good deal? AR-15

This is a discussion on Is this a good deal? AR-15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LMT upper assembly ($480), Cavalry Arms M4 handguards ($30), CMT charging handle ($21), LaRue BUIS ($90) LMT bolt carrier group ($130), and a LMT lower ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a good deal? AR-15

BAC
    LMT upper assembly ($480), Cavalry Arms M4 handguards ($30), CMT charging handle ($21), LaRue BUIS ($90) LMT bolt carrier group ($130), and a LMT lower ($330). Packaged total is $1081 plus shipping and transfer for a rifle that is measurably better. Including the restocking fee, $1227 plus shipping and transfer, which would put you about dead even in cost with a parts gun by a questionable builder. You can save about $75 (or more) if you build up the lower yourself.

In the end it's your call. I'm of the opinion you take the $146 hit and learn from it.

-B

Yea bad deal. If they will let you put the $200 toward something else. Buy ammo or mags from them. I just got a Colt 6920 for abot $1300 with shipping and transfer fee!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

i will see what they have, what should i expect to pay for a good used bushmaster, colt, or dpms??? i think they have a couple bushmasters and a dpms. not sure though. if they are to high there i will just buy a case of ammo for my 45 and go to the range
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by optikal View Post
    i will see what they have, what should i expect to pay for a good used bushmaster, colt, or dpms??? i think they have a couple bushmasters and a dpms. not sure though. if they are to high there i will just buy a case of ammo for my 45 and go to the range
    If you've got time, I highly recommend perusing AR15.COM to read up on what others recommend. It's not that you won't get superior advice here (because for the most part, you will), but that they have much more information specific to the ar-15 platform so you will probably develop a better base of knowledge, faster.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Way too much money!Glad to hear your getting out of the deal! You can buy an Olylmpic for around $600 plus shipping and transfer.I paid $1000 for my bushmaster right off the rack. One real important thing to mention is some of the lower priced ar's you can only shoot 223 out of.It's real important to me that I can shoot both 556 and 223 out of my ar.

ok, i talked to the guy for about 2 hrs the other day. got a brand new DPMS, flattop upper, A3 carry handle, scope mount for top of handle, utg quadrail with pads, 2 30rnd mags, DPMS pardus stock. $900......this a better deal? i paid 600 for my last bushmaster with fixed carry handle i hated
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links