Stocking up on AR mags?

This is a discussion on Stocking up on AR mags? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Should I stock up on AR mags now or wait a few weeks to let the steam go out of the market? Also stock up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stocking up on AR mags?

Stocking up on AR mags?

Should I stock up on AR mags now or wait a few weeks to let the steam go out of the market? Also stock up on 20s or 30s (esp for resale if there is a ban)? Also are you stocking up on springs, followers, and floor plates?
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    If you can afford it I would.It's going to be a while before he gets to us but
    it will happen.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I've had 13 30 rounders and a single 10 rounder for the last 7 years. You can stock up if you want, but they won't be unobtainable, just more expensive. Don't worry about springs, followers, and floor plates. You will still be able to order those no problem if they wear out. It's only the bodies that are restricted.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I just ordered 8 new PMags.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I was at "Cheaper-Than-Dirt" yesterday (I live in Ft. Worth) and the prices of ammo and magazines were going up as I stood there. I purchased 5x 20-rounders for my mini-14, priced at $9.97. By the time that the guy pulled the items and hit "Compute total" on the register, the price went up to $29.95 each. It then took 15 minutes for the people working there to figure out how to give them to me at the price they quoted me. While this seems to be "Cheaper-than-Dirt" trying to capitalize on the situation, it might indicate what is to come.

It may not come to pass, but they are benefiting from the fear of the possiblity. Seems gas prices went down just so gun related items could go up.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Firkin View Post
    While this seems to be "Cheaper-than-Dirt" trying to capitalize on the situation, it might indicate what is to come.
    Again, we are our own worst enemy at this point.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Its hard to tell if in fact the demand will decrease in the short term. Even if it does I would anticipate the prices to remain somewhat higher. I would certainly buy what you think prudent for your personal use. I have been buying ammo and mags for the past six months on a monthly basis and am now going to sit tight until after the first of the year.

I have a healthy concern regarding the possibility of future bans. With that in mind, I have ordered ammo and magazines recently. But I have been watching prices for months, and I'm ordering from those who are not jacking their prices up (in my case, I ordered from Brownells and Wideners).
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

My issue is I'm over here fighting for my 2nd amendment rights and when I go home my H&K P2000 may go up in price. LUCKLY I only have 32 more days and I'll go home for good.

I did order 500 rounds of PMC 223 and 100 rounds of 147 HST 9mm. I have about 500 rounds of 9mm at home already. I will be reloading my own bullets from now on. With the Coast Guard I shoot every 6 months so I'll be stocking up on some 223 brass.

I'm always looking for AR mags, and decent prices. Do I feel an emergency coming on? Not really. I have plenty, but more is always good.

I've got 9 mags for my AR and that should work out fine, just recently added another 500 rds to my stock. Bought the AR & mags a couple months ago in anticipation of the democrats taking over congress and the WH.

I think I am set... I picked up 50 30 rounders for my AR15 last year at $7 a pop...

So between the 2 AR's that I have, I think I am good. For now.

Just bought 5 Pmags for $13 each, but couldn't get black, so got Tan and OD. The guy did have a bunch of orange though.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by KG4ZRC View Post
    I think I am set... I picked up 50 30 rounders for my AR15 last year at $7 a pop...

So between the 2 AR's that I have, I think I am good. For now.
    50 30-rounders? ...and you think your good for now?

I hope so!

Which war are you starting?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links