Time for a AK (thanks Obama)

This is a discussion on Time for a AK (thanks Obama) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The only and I mean only good to come out of Obama being elected is that it will bring my eventual purchase of a AK ...

Thread: Time for a AK (thanks Obama)

Time for a AK (thanks Obama)

The only and I mean only good to come out of Obama being elected is that it will bring my eventual purchase of a AK from 4th on the list to 1st!

Anyone know good sights to purchase these. Not interested in buying kits because I know squat about these rifles. Would like to keep it simple, reliable and under 500.

Heard yugo is good. Would prefer wood furniture but synthetic is fine.

Let me know
    -mac

Or if you want to walk me through step by step in ignorant person language the details of making a "kit" rifle with uppers, lowers and whatever, i would be abliged.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I haven't seen a Yugo for that price for a long time. WASR10 is about the only thing you can get in that price range and better hurry 'cause they are going up.

And get PLENTY Mags. You can find them about $12 to 15 used but serviceable. Nothing like a little cleaning & spray pant cannot fix.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/MAGAKA02.aspx

An AK receiver should be waiting at my FFL to start my Obama Black Rifle project.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    I just checked a bit more in Centerfire and they have an AM at $499

AK AMD-65 Rifle with Side-Folding Stock
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    The only and I mean only good to come out of Obama being elected is that it will bring my eventual purchase of a AK from 4th on the list to 1st!.
    Have Fun......

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I bought a AK-47 Golani, Israeli version of the AK, It uses .223 ammo, same as the AR-15.

They were adverting last week for 599

They also have other AK-47's

J&G Sales <<<< === CLICK ON LINK
    Last edited by mi2az; November 6th, 2008 at 10:53 PM.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Don't know much about Yugo's ...I know that their cars didn't work out too well...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    The only and I mean only good to come out of Obama being elected is that it will bring my eventual purchase of a AK from 4th on the list to 1st!
    Yea....so now we walketh through the valley of death? Good thing? How long would it be before you got your AK otherwise? 4 years? 2 years? Next year? Trust me...nothing 'good' can come of this. What was first on your list that can be so life-changing now?

Wink

Do a quick search on AK's the last two weeks - a lot of links and suggestions.

My coaching would be to buy now and quickly. The demand is only going to get higher and the prices will go up. If the so called evil black rifle sales do slow down, I would anticipate that AR's will come back to the shelves before any additional AK's are replenished.
    What do you want to spend? Under $500- WASR. In the $600 plus range you will do well with Arizona Response System and Arsenal. Over $1,000 its a few Arsenal models along with Krebs and Rifle Dynamics - the last two are very very hard to come by. Stick with the 7.62X39 caliber and buy 6 mags min when ordering. Also order over the weekend a case of ammo from Ammoman. Its gone up by $50 over the past 3 weeks and will not get cheaper. If you are serious then get moving....

Good luck! This is why I bought mine 6 months ago and the price has done nothing but go up since then!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    This past Monday, I would be able to show you quite a few places to get an AK at a reasonable price. Since then, most everybody has taken some kind of "stupid or crazy" pills. Cheaper than dirt, has raised the price of 7.62x39 ammo from around $200 to an unbelievable $360 a case of 1000. I have checked places where they had WASR 10/63's going for around 400 but now they want your next 2 born males and your money. Things went out of control real fast.

The WASR was and is a good rifle, if you can find one without the sights twisted 19 degrees off. Lately, there has been an offering of WASR 10/63, that to me and others on the net, seem to be in a lot better condidtion than the standard WASR that everyone loves to hate. I hate to say it, but unless you get one soon, all the sky is falling idiots and the theiving sellers are gonna continue to artificially drive prices up toward the moon. Check the AK forum, the AK section of AR-15 site.

Good luck to you.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

I snagged a Century International WASR-10/63 for $400 at a show the weekend before the election. It's as accurate as I need a rifle like that to be and eats Wolf HP and FMJ with no problems.

Bear in mind that I picked over three to get the one I wanted. I would not suggest buying one of these sight unseen.

I also grabbed 2,000 rounds of 7.62X39 ammo for just over $200/1,000.

M2
    Yep, the time to buy was a few months back. Now is too late, but it only means you're gonna pay more for the gun and ammo. In a few months you might not even be able to buy the gun!

I grabbed a thousand rounds of Monarch just to have on hand. I already had a decent stockpile, but I knew the price was going to go up and Academy had a ******* sale going on!

Best of luck to you, I have a Yugo M70AB2 and it's a sweet shooting machine! It's heavier than my other AK (A Norinco Type 56); but I like the underfold and it is rugged. I would highly recommend a Yugo, but trying to find one cheap now is a going to be a challenge!

Cheers! M2

Links