How'd I do on the price?

How'd I do on the price?

This is a discussion on How'd I do on the price? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; $415 out the door. Not a chrome lined bore. Bolt & charging handle included....

Thread: How'd I do on the price?

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

How'd I do on the price?

$415 out the door.

Not a chrome lined bore. Bolt & charging handle included.

Looks great and I think you got a good deal. I paid $495 for an RRA Mid-Length A2 upper w/bcg last week.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

For about 50.00 to 70.00 more you could of got a lower parts kit and buttstock assembly which if purchased seperately would run you about another 130.00
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    For about 50.00 to 70.00 more you could of got a lower parts kit and buttstock assembly which if purchased seperately would run you about another 130.00
    Huh?
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Huh?
    If all he got for that price was the assembled upper receiver with charging handle and bolt carrier group for about 70.00 more he could get the whole kit including the lower receiver parts kit and buttstock to build a lower receiver into a complete rifle.If he has an incomplete lower receiver and he bought that upper he will now need to buy a lower parts kit which is about 65.00 shipped and a buttstock with buffer and buffer spring around 70.00 more
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Not bad IMO. A chrome lined bore would be a plus though. How much is a fully assembled lower going to run you? On "the price", we should consider what it would take to build the complete rifle. Not much you can do with a fully loaded upper by itself. If you can come out with a fully functional rifle for under $650 including that upper, then in my opinion, you've done very well.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Not bad IMO. A chrome lined bore would be a plus though. How much is a fully assembled lower going to run you? On "the price", we should consider what it would take to build the complete rifle. Not much you can do with a fully loaded upper by itself. If you can come out with a fully functional rifle for under $650 including that upper, then in my opinion, you've done very well.

RamRod,

I think I can get a complete Spikes lower with a basic collapsible buttstock for $300 from my FFL guy. So it aint $650 but $715 isn't too bad considering the hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post

I think I can get a complete Spikes lower with a basic collapsible buttstock for $300 from my FFL guy. So it aint $650 but $715 isn't too bad considering the hysteria.
    Well, not bad "considering the hysteria". You've done well IMO, and the most important part is that you're happy with it and hopefully with few compromises. We all do what we have to do given the circumstances, while all along wishing the circumstances were different. If you plan to shoot this rifle once it's all together, you might want to research barrel break-in SOP for the non-chrome lined barrel. If it's only meant for one thing and the zombie invasion, then I'd only worry about one thing............................................. .............................................the zombies. Good luck with it all.

Sponsored Links