Berretta Cx4 Storm in 9mm

This is a discussion on Berretta Cx4 Storm in 9mm within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I found a few posts that talked about this weapon but wanted to see if any of you have a new experience with this weapon. ...

Thread: Berretta Cx4 Storm in 9mm

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar

Berretta Cx4 Storm in 9mm

I found a few posts that talked about this weapon but wanted to see if any of you have a new experience with this weapon. I handled one today for the first time. At first i was put off by the non-traditional look but I found I really liked how short the weapon is. It's only a 16" barrel but because of the stock configuration the over all length of the weapon is really short.

Seem's like this would be a great home defense weapon; even better than a shotgun and perhaps better than a hand gun. Plus it looks like a good candidate to get a surpressor mounted.

So do any of you have this? I know you can get it in 9, 40, or 45 but for me it would have to be 9 or .45 since those are a few of my set calibers. I'm thinking 9 because this is all close quarter stuff and because I want it to be cheap to shoot. I have an AR for longer range.

So if you have one, I'd love to hear your thoughs and see pics of your weapon.
    thanks everyone

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Mine is in .40cal, I love it, deadly accurate with a holosight and almost no muzzle flame. I had a heavier longer barrel put on mine for legal reasons (Canadian law restricted to nonrestricted) With the vertical foregrip the gun is easy to shoot and is a good gun for the wife to use if she does not shoot much. Mine has a light and laser.

Senior Moderator
    Its ugly but its a great little gun that is fun to shoot.
    I fired one at steel targets at the range, and it was very fast and accurate.
    The sights kindof suck, but with a dot sight of some sort it really comes into its own.

Plinking at the 100 yard gongs were no problem. It was...Bang Clink ,Bang Clink, Bang Clink...that fast.

I like it. Kind of pricey for a piece of plastic though.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    I'm a big fan of pistol caliber carbines for Home defense. I prefer them to shotguns anyday.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Here's my 9. I picked it up slightly used, but with a few goodies, a couple of weeks before the "frenzy". It is a blast to shoot, and pretty darned accurate at 50 yards with the ATN Ultra Scope.

I am very pleased.

surv

That's nice. The one I saw in a shop today was just under $700. I suspect the price has jumped recently.

I do think that would be a good close quarters weapon. And I liked the iron sights on it.

Are your's reliable with different ammo and with hollow points?

I didn't like Glocks when I first saw/held them...now I own two of them.

Although the Storms are interesting, I'm not sure I get one at this point. There are other HD systems I like...12ga coach gun, and several .45 pistols...OMO

Stay armed...no Storms for me right now...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Mo
    I think the CX4 in 9mm would be a cool gun. I've shot one and liked it. Nice high capacity and a fun, spacey look. At the same time, I'm not giving up my 12 ga any time soon. I shot it last week cycling through my old buckshot. Every time I shoot a silhouette target with a few rounds of buckshot I'm awed by the amount of destruction. I've got an 18" barrel and youth stock on it and it's not any longer than the Storm. The path of destruction it cuts is just awesome.

I'd definitely pick up a storm if I found one at a good price, but I just wanted to throw that out there about my 12 gauge rangetime.

I have a 9 and a 40. Great Guns. I absolutely love them. Fun to shoot, accurate and easy to carry. I have eotech halo on my 40 and folding verical grip. I had the 40 first and love it so much, I want one of each. Found the 9 LNIB for $350 and couldn't pass that up. I paid around $500 for the 40 without rails, eotech etc. when they first came out. they seem to be going for around $700 these days. Put it this way, when a bunch of us go shooting and I bring 10 guns or more. This one gets shot the most. everyone loves it.
    Attached Images
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

That's sharp 357sig...I've been looking at them and the more I do the more they grow on me. I've also been reading and trying to figure out if it's legal to surpress one. To me it's the perfect weapon for a surpressor (in 9mm at least).

Today I got to hold a HiPoint Carbine. It was under $200 and terribly ugly but felt real good in the hands BUT, the safety is the wierdest thing I've ever seen, it's on the left side of the weapon Would be good for a left but it's very awkward for me. Still, I think that would be a very fun cheap gun.

For serious defense, I believe the storm is much better.

But I'm also eyeing Marlin 1894's in .357.

And I'm supposed to be laying off guns for awhile but it's so addictive!!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Its ugly but its a great little gun that is fun to shoot.
    Ugly? ha, i think its one of the coolest looking guns money can buy

I'll be picking me up the 9mm storm here pretty soon. I love the things
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Senior Moderator
    Ugly? ha, i think its one of the coolest looking guns money can buy
    You know what they say...

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Some people like women with mustaches too, but I aint one of them.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links