I am now a gun owner... careful, gun pron

This is a discussion on I am now a gun owner... careful, gun pron within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; so i got the call yesterday that my AR-15 lower had gotten to bills sporting goods, and i could go pick it up. so i ...

so i got the call yesterday that my AR-15 lower had gotten to bills sporting goods, and i could go pick it up. so i head over instead of getting dinner :P i get there and he says because its a serialized part, he needs to run the NICS check, and i told him i understood, i had planned on it. so he hands me a clipboard with about an inch of paper on it, and says fill one of these out. i about fainted because i though the whole stack was 1 form.

so i fill out the first page, flip it over, and thats when i saw it was 4 sheets, and i only had to fill out 1 page. so i sign it, and hand it over. he calls up whomever he has to call, and starts clicking away on the phone. i wish i could have heard the process, but im sure if i did, i would have "died in my sleep" last night. so he finally starts writing stuff down, and im reading the sections he writing in trying to figure out if i passed or failed, and finally, after what seemed like a week and a half, but was closer to a min. or two, i see him check the "proceed" box.

so i give him the $20 for the transfer, and he gives me my lower, and on the way out i texted everyone i knew to tell them i was now a gun owner.

so here it is

so i know most of that is boring and mundane to all you guys who have bout guns before, but this being my first, i was excited, and still am.
    the guy laughed as he filled out the "caliber" part of the form. he said "it isnt really a 5.56, but its marked that way." i said "yea, give me a few weeks and it will be"
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

Congrats
    Semper Fi

Congrats on the new 'gun'! A stripped lower for your first gun makes quite the statement.

You might want to check this out:
    Brownells - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories and Gunsmithing Tools

It's a free video series detailing how to build an AR (and most common variants) from the stripped lower up. It's a nice reference to have.

Good luck, and good shooting!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

I always wondered about those NICS check if the call goes to some offshore country like India ????
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Great buy, when you are finished let us see the result.

thanks, defiantly will keep updating. oh yea, i guess i should say that it cost me $140 shipped. $125, then $15 s&h... well i guess $160 because i had to pay for the transfer...
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

Cool!

I approve.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Links