New AR. Colt 6920 - Page 2

New AR. Colt 6920

This is a discussion on New AR. Colt 6920 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Guns and more sold out. But I went on Gunbroker and found one from them in the auction. $1600. So their website ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New AR. Colt 6920

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    sold out.

But I went on Gunbroker and found one from them in the auction.
    $1600. So their website says they have none, if you call they say they have none, but they have at least one at a price jump of $300.
    If these were gas stations, people would be screaming.

Hello fellow Americans.
    new to the site, but thought I would make a post. just purchased a new colt le6920, got it at walmart. got it for $987 out the door, I have a 10% discount card. But I do have 1 question.
    I really don't like the carry handle rear site. what are you using for the rear sight ? I would like to go with a good rear flip up sight. thanks david

First, welcome to DC.

Look at the various rear sight offerings from Troy, Yankee Hill Machine, and LaRue. MagPul makes inexpensive sights, but they are truly for backup and not primary use.
    OD* likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I picked my LE6920 up 2 months ago at ......Walmart, Wiggins, MS.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I picked up a Colt 6920 @ Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago myself. Seems as if the Colt & PSA ARs are getting along fine in the safe together.
    SCGunLover1

scgunlover1, how do you like the PSA? I ordered one this past weekend with the Aimpoint Pro addition and Magpuls rails, A2 grip and MOE stock in OD green after reading posts for the last couple weeks.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    Hello fellow Americans.
    new to the site, but thought I would make a post. just purchased a new colt le6920, got it at walmart. got it for $987 out the door, I have a 10% discount card. But I do have 1 question.
    I really don't like the carry handle rear site. what are you using for the rear sight ? I would like to go with a good rear flip up sight. thanks david
    First off: WELCOME TO "DC" Lots of really wise folks on this site--and the forum is very respectful towards each other (well, most of the time anyway )

Now, about the sights..........one of our members (Jon Consiglio) recommended the sights from Knight's Armament--they seem to be top quality. I finally went with these Troy Front and Rear Folding Battle Sight with Tritium Inserts Combo | LaRue Tactical primarily because they offered the Tritium option.

Stick around, lots of helpful folks here!!!!
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

thanks for the. back up sights info. I'm just itching to pull the trigger. But it's just too dry around here in the heat, and the lack of rain. Don't care to start any fires.
    But it will rain I know it will.
    david

Looks like they have went down or stayed close to the same. I rarely see any colts anymore, and our Wal-Mart... never. I ended up ordering a few of these and in the end got one for very cheap.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    thanks for the. back up sights info. I'm just itching to pull the trigger. But it's just too dry around here in the heat, and the lack of rain. Don't care to start any fires.
    But it will rain I know it will.
    david
    Yeah, same here--our ranges are shut down--everything is tinder dry. I expect our county to go to stage 3 fire restrictions soon--will then have to literally pull the shoes off our horses for fear of sparks......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congratulations! Nice very Nice!

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maceng101 View Post
    scgunlover1, how do you like the PSA? I ordered one this past weekend with the Aimpoint Pro addition and Magpuls rails, A2 grip and MOE stock in OD green after reading posts for the last couple weeks.
    I really like the PSA AR15 with the Aimpoint PRO. I've used it in one class and didn't have a problem. Other than that I have not had an opportunity to shoot it due to work obligations. I just need to fine tune the Aimpoint a little more.
    Maceng101 likes this.
    SCGunLover1

I purchased my LE6920 from GunBroker for $1075.00 back in January. I was never much of a fan of the AR but once I shot my brother's DPMS, I was hooked. I said to myself, if I was gonna buy an AR I might as well go big. So, I decided to go with what i believe is the 'Daddy' of all ARs...Colt. It is an awsome firearm. Have put about 1800 rounds through mine without a hiccup. I use Colt mags, Magpuls, and DPMS with absolutely any ammo. This baby will eat up anything. Enjoy your new AR.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

well , the wild fires are all around me, got off work and smoke everywhere. last night I went and made my first upgrade, a troy industries flip up di-optics sight. I have used this type of sight before so I'll give it another try. also got a 4" riser rail for red dot sight. now it's just a waiting game for it to be delivered.
    david

I want a Colt so badly .
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links