Carbine

Carbine

This is a discussion on Carbine within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been thinking of getting a carbine for a home defense weapon and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. I suppose a ...

Thread: Carbine

Carbine

I have been thinking of getting a carbine for a home defense weapon and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. I suppose a shotgun would be better, but I think I would get more use out of the carbine and it would use the same ammo as my handguns. I have seen the Keltec, Hi point, and Beretta but I am considering only the Keltec and Hipoint due to cost. What are the pros and cons of these models and are they worth spending the couple hundered dollars on?

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Depending on which model you buy, and which setup you go for, the Kel-Tec can run off of Glock mags.

If you've got a Glock, to me, that'd be a big plus. THe biggest minus to the Kel-Tec is that it is designed as a sporting firearm, and as such, isnt' built to the kind of durability standards that I want.

Just IMHO. YMMV.

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I had a 9mm Sub2K several years ago in Beretta grip style. It was fun to shoot, although a bit punishing after 100 rounds in an afternoon. The really nice thing about the KT is the fact that it folds to such a compact size. I had in old quilted lined leather rectangular shaped zippered gun bag that the S2K fit perfectly in. You could carry it around like a brief case and no one was the wiser. For no more than the average shooter can afford even 9mm rounds today, the KT Sub2K will last a long time. Pretty accurate too, even with the rather cheap looking factory sights.

I traded the S2K for a KT P32 a couple of years ago. I recently bought a Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm and have absolutely no regrets.

surv

Links