TecLoader Shotgun speed Loader

This is a discussion on TecLoader Shotgun speed Loader within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is anyone familiar with the TecLoader Speed Loader ? Any good? Does it work?...

Thread: TecLoader Shotgun speed Loader

TecLoader Shotgun speed Loader

Is anyone familiar with the TecLoader Speed Loader? Any good? Does it work?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

I've seen them before but never tried it. I think $40 is a decent price.
    -Biker

There's a bracket that mounts under your receiver to accept the feeder tube. The feeder tube holds four rounds and you insert it into the bracket, shove forward on the handle of the feeder tube (big round thing in the picture) and it feeds the four rounds.

I have seen it in use but not used it myself. The guy using it was just trying it out for the first time but he did seem pretty quick.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I guess if you are an LEO/military and need to reload asap this might be a good thing.As far as HD/SD most situations will be over before you exhaust your first load of ammo be it 5 or 8 rounds
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I've seen it used in 3-gun competition, but that's about it.

Thanks for the replies gents

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I have seen it in use but not used it myself. The guy using it was just trying it out for the first time but he did seem pretty quick.
    Thanks, how fast do you think he was? You think that their claim of 2 second reloads are possible?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I guess if you are an LEO/military and need to reload asap this might be a good thing.As far as HD/SD most situations will be over before you exhaust your first load of ammo be it 5 or 8 rounds
    Good point Than again if it really works be nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    I've seen it used in 3-gun competition, but that's about it.
    What was your take? Any good?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    *Shrug*, I don't compete to be the fastest, I use it as stressful training. If I have to load a shotgun one round at a time at home, then that's how I'll do it on the range. The video I saw was of Jerry Miculek at some national 3-gun match (possibly Ft. Benning), and he was able to use it effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Thanks, how fast do you think he was? You think that their claim of 2 second reloads are possible?
    Yes. We didn't time him, but he was fast by the third time he did it. Probably a little slower than an experienced shooter running a mozambique drill.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I will not speculate on military use, having never BD&DT, but I am an LEO, and don't see a practical way to carry the things. My duty belt is so full that when my agency mandated Tasers, I had to give up one spare pistol mag; I am down to one spare pistol mag on the duty belt. I do usually have two 12 gauge slugs in a tiny kydex carrier, that fits in a spot on the belt tongue that would not support anything larger or heavier.

Mo
    The thing was designed for competition, and requires fitting and possible modification to the firearm for the mounting bracket.

I personally think it has no place on a personal defense gun - just another thing to jam, break or get in the way. They're good for competition only because of the high round count (my local 3-gun match over the summer had a 39-count shotgun only stage).

You didn't mention if you had a specific purpose in mind for it, so I'm assuming you're a competitor. If not, I'd pass for sure.

Loader

I had one for my Benelli. It was fast and with some practice you can get 4 shells in the gun quick. (with less practice you can get three shells in and one on the floor, too.) It worked and if I used the gun for any kind of competition I could see using it. For a SD or HD gun, it's kind of big and awkward. I sold it and bought some California Comp. Works carriers from Brownells. Sturdy, wont rattle loose or drop any shells, and you can load just one or two at a time unlike the speedloader.
    12 GAUGE SPEED STRIPPER at Brownells

Links