Help! Bushmaster AR 15..will the Limbsaver fit on this rifle?

This is a discussion on Help! Bushmaster AR 15..will the Limbsaver fit on this rifle? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know that you guys can take it, but I can't. It's hard plastic and it hurts. So the question isn't IF I get one, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Bushmaster AR 15..will the Limbsaver fit on this rifle?

Help! Bushmaster AR 15..will the Limbsaver fit on this rifle?

I know that you guys can take it, but I can't. It's hard plastic and it hurts. So the question isn't IF I get one, but which one. A few people said they like the Limbsaver but their website is not very helpful in telling what it will fit. Ours measures 5 1/4" x 1 3/4". Will this work? If not, any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    A limb saver for a AR? Really? It hurts? I don't mean to be mean, but if the recoil on an AR hurts, you are doing something really wrong.

Put the stock in the pocket of your shoulder and hold it firm against your body, dont let the rifle bounce on your shoulder and it will feel like a loud BB gun.

To answer your question, I suppose you could modify one to fit.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You could also try a stock like I have on my Rock River .308 (top i pic obviously) it dramatically reduced felt recoil and is a lot more comfortable to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    A limb saver for a AR? Really? It hurts? I don't mean to be mean, but if the recoil on an AR hurts, you are doing something really wrong.

Put the stock in the pocket of your shoulder and hold it firm against your body, dont let the rifle bounce on your shoulder and it will feel like a loud BB gun.

To answer your question, I suppose you could modify one to fit.
    It's really hard plastic and it's not just the recoil, it's hard and it hurts. Living in the Florida Keys, wearing lots of heavy clothing really isn't a year round option. I have no problem with the Ruger Mini 14, but it has a soft rubber one.

Administrator
    Is a collapsible or a standard stock?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    An AR recoil stout ? It's like shooting a 22.When the army had it design recoil
    was one thing that was in mind because draftees had little or no exposure to firearms like the farmboys of the first two world wars that carried the enfield ,
    springfield and M-1 grand 30-06.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlKeysgirl View Post
    It's really hard plastic and it's not just the recoil, it's hard and it hurts. Living in the Florida Keys, wearing lots of heavy clothing really isn't a year round option. I have no problem with the Ruger Mini 14, but it has a soft rubber one.
    FlKeysgirl, you may want to drop by the Florida Keys Shooting Club in Key Largo. They are a bunch of great guys and gals that I know will be more than happy to give you a hand and see what the problem is and what can be done to fix it.

They shoot IDPA the first Saturday of the month and several of us from the Miami club come down to participate and we also bring our rifles to shoot some and both. We have several guys that know ARs up and down.

Florida Keys Shooting Club
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    FlKeysgirl, you may want to drop by the Florida Keys Shooting Club in Key Largo. They are a bunch of great guys and gals that I know will be more than happy to give you a hand and see what the problem is and what can be done to fix it.

They shoot IDPA the first Saturday of the month and several of us from the Miami club come down to participate and we also bring our rifles to shoot some and both. We have several guys that know ARs up and down.

Florida Keys Shooting Club

Thank you, great info. I am going to join. That's where we got it, so will ask them. Also got a Sig P232 that I adore!! Stainless and black. I know you all think a .380 is a wimpy weapon but I love it and the silde is sooooooooooo easy. The guy that did my class said he would give me a shooting class and take me to the range on a Thurs. and we would be the only ones there. I think that's what I'm going to do. My Mom needs to take the class too. She's terrified of guns. She had to shoot a .22 for the carry class and she hated it. We both want the little Sig. It feels perfect. Still debating on the .38 S & W with laser grip. I want to carry it in my purse, not wear one, and it's small and easy to grab. I could shoot that right through my purse in an emergency, but sheesh, I sure would hate to ruin one of my favorite Balenciaga's or Louis Vuittons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    An AR recoil stout ? It's like shooting a 22.When the army had it design recoil
    was one thing that was in mind because draftees had little or no exposure to firearms like the farmboys of the first two world wars that carried the enfield ,
    springfield and M-1 grand 30-06.

Stetson, it's really hard, hard, rough plastic and my skin is soft. It hurts. I don't know what else to say. My Mom thinks it hurst too. My Dad thinks it's fine.

Administrator
    So its not because of recoil, its because the stock is abrasive?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Is a collapsible or a standard stock?

Sixto, it's collapsible

So its not because of recoil, its because the stock is abrasive?

Yes. hard and abrasive.

Administrator
    Ok then, that changes things. You can add all sorts of things to help out with "stock rash". I wouldnt waste time trying to retro fit a recoil pad when recoil isnt the problem.
    Perhaps a nylon shim could be rigged up using the sling anchor points.
    "Just blame Sixto"

BAC
    A heavy shirt, maybe?

-B

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FlKeysgirl View Post
    Sixto, it's collapsible
    You should ba able to find several rubber pads that fit over the standard collapsible stock to ease your shoulder pain.
    like here:TacticalGears: RUBBER STOCK PADS
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links