Everyone Sold Out of Lower Receivers? - Page 2

Everyone Sold Out of Lower Receivers?

This is a discussion on Everyone Sold Out of Lower Receivers? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Everything is worth what the buyer will pay for it. Stop buying them and the price will go down. Just need to get everyone on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Everything is worth what the buyer will pay for it.

Stop buying them and the price will go down.

Just need to get everyone on board with that program. Let me know how that works out.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

glad i picked up my stag m-4 2 months ago at a very reasonable price imo ($900 OTD). this is crazy.

I think I will get an extra mag or 2 for my deer rifle and see if the run on lowers gets caught up. I suspect many are "investing" for the future.

Maybe the gun industry should be bailing out the banks..

Fortunately for me, I saw this coming. When it became pretty obvious that Obama was going to win the election, I picked up a couple of lowers. The price hadn't started to climb yet at that time, but I still paid a little over $200 because I wanted the POF lowers (billet aluminum, really "pretty"). DPMS and others were still in the low 100s at that time, but are essentially unobtainable now.

I considered buying some cheaper lowers then, but didn't have the use for any more than two more ARs. Now I'm kicking myself for not seeing the investment opportunity -- I could have doubled my money in six weeks!

I don't think that Obama or the Dems will have the time to try to push through the AWB early next year, so there may still be some opportunities to buy ARs this winter when the manufacturers have caught up with demand. If you are worried they won't be available later, buy an AR now (any AR), pay the higher price, and realize you can swap parts later to make it what you really want.

I went to the local shop last Tues and they had plenty. I was going to put money down on one and was told no worry. I came back Friday and they sold all 17 they had and expect more in 4-6 MONTHS!!!

I was beside myself to say very least. I should have rented a pistol and grabbed a box to release my frustration. :D

I'm still pretty steamed.

A week ago we saw people selling stripped lowers at a gun show for normal prices, so while most online retailers are out of stock, it's still possible to find normal priced deals.

This weekend at the range, there were a billion people with their new M4 clones that had absolutely no idea how to operate them safely. Go panic buying!

Quote Originally Posted by dealer View Post
    A week ago we saw people selling stripped lowers at a gun show for normal prices, so while most online retailers are out of stock, it's still possible to find normal priced deals.

This weekend at the range, there were a billion people with their new M4 clones that had absolutely no idea how to operate them safely. Go panic buying!
    +1. I went to sight in my recently (pre-panic) acquired midlength and turned right around and went home when I saw the shenanigans going on at the range.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think I will get an extra mag or 2 for my deer rifle and see if the run on lowers gets caught up. I suspect many are "investing" for the future.
    Legitimately, I would say you will be better served by that (2 mags), and a good optic (if you've been thinking of upgrading or having a spare.)

I would suggest any spare parts you may need as well- springs, firing pin, trigger group. I can see that as an early/easy move- banning sales of parts to non-licensed individuals. The ATFE's recent ruling that coaters/platers need to have manufacturers' licenses (ClassII, IIRC)is a good indication of the direction things will take.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links