My New Bushmaster AR 15 any suggestions?

This is a discussion on My New Bushmaster AR 15 any suggestions? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got this last week. It's the Bushmaster xm15-E2S. So what add ons would you suggest? Scope? etc. I was on their website, they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My New Bushmaster AR 15 any suggestions?

My New Bushmaster AR 15 any suggestions?

I just got this last week. It's the Bushmaster xm15-E2S. So what add ons would you suggest? Scope? etc. I was on their website, they have a lot of accessories to add to it. This is my first AR 15, so honestly have no clue what to get for it to dress it up, if anything.

Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Wow. Did you take that picture yourself?

Good looking A2. IMO the nicest thing about an A2 is that it doesn't need anything to be a great gun.

I'd recommend a sling. And you're done!
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Wow. Did you take that picture yourself?

Good looking A2. IMO the nicest thing about an A2 is that it doesn't need anything to be a great gun.

I'd recommend a sling. And you're done!

No, it's the one from a website. Give me a few and I will take some pics and put them on here. It has a sling.

the only thing I added to mine was a Eotech 512. I like it, but there's lots of other great choices.
    Other then that just add bullets.
    Sig P250 9mm
    Ed Brown 1911 Kobra 45ACP
    Ruger Mark III 22
    Browning Silver 12ga
    Browning BAR 30-06

I added the EO Tech 512 (2AA batteries) to my BushMaster...nice holographic scope.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I added the EO Tech 512 (2AA batteries) to my BushMaster...nice holographic scope.
    Thank you, where is the best place to get the scopes? Also, my daughter tried it out and complained about it being abrasive to her shoulder, any suggestions? I told her to wear heavier clothes but we are in Florida and it's warm here.

Which 512?

511-A65-KIT: EOTech HWS 510 w/ N Alkaline Battery and Standard Reticle w/ Free Scopecoat Protective Covers Included in Price
    511-D1-KIT: EOTech HWS 510 w/ N Alkaline Battery and 1 MOA Dot Reticle w/ Free Scopecoat Protective Covers --
    511-NL-Sage-KIT: EOTech HWS 510 Factory pre-mounted with Sage less-lethal reticle pattern & N Cell Batteries w/ Free Scopecoat Protective Covers --
    511-NL-FN-KIT: EOTech HWS 510 Factory pre-mounted with FN less-lethal reticle pattern & N Cell Batteries w/ Free Scopecoat Protective Covers

How about a better sling, half a dozen more mags, lots of ammo, and maybe an Eotech or Aimpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by roadsiderob View Post
    How about a better sling, half a dozen more mags, lots of ammo, and maybe an Eotech or Aimpoint.

Yes on the sling, that one came with it. Question on ammo. What about the Eagle Russian junk? I got some good ammo, but that's the only one I can find locally in bulk. I got 1000 rounds but thinking of taking it back, not liking what I'm hearing about it here on the forum.

Options

So many options, hard to say. It probably doesn't "need" anything but ammo. What do you want to do? Make it a competition gun with bells and whistles or a tactical SD / HD gun? Some parts you might like that serve a purpose, make the gun feel or function better, or are sturdier than the OEM.
    AR-15 EARLY-STYLE FIRING PIN RETAINER at Brownells
    AR-15 GAPPER at Brownells
    AR-15 MCFARLAND TM BOLT GAS RING at Brownells
    AR-15/M16 ACCU-WEDGE at Brownells
    AR-15/M16 ENHANCED TRIGGERGUARD at Brownells
    AR-15/M16 EXTRA POWER EXTRACTOR SPRING at Brownells

Some neat, nice to have stuff.
    AR-15/M16 PUSH-BUTTON RECEIVER PINS at Brownells
    AR-15/M16/AR-10 AR BUFFER PAD at Brownells
    AR-15/M16 VC-1 FLASH SUPPRESSOR/COMPENSATOR at Brownells
    or my favorite:
    PHANTOM 5C2 COMP/FLASH HIDER at Brownells

A nice rail for your foregrip and light:
    AR-15 UNIVERSAL MOUNTING PLATFORM at Brownells

I got my sling from a member here:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...90-slings.html

For that sling, you need a mount like this:
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/sto...ING%20ENDPLATE

There are tons of grips, lights, and optics to choose from, too many to list. Good quality magazines are still available, I'd stock up on those, too. Get whatever ammo you can find right now. The steel cased Russian won't hurt anything, just keep the gun clean after you shoot it, and if it really bothers you, buy an extra extractor and spring. 5 minute job to replace a broken one. Probably one of the spare parts you should keep around anyway.
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...&s=41158#41158

And if you get to Daytona, I know a good AR gunsmith
    Cooter Brown likes this.

BAC
    A decent sling, a ton of ammo and magazines, a formal class or two, and a lot of range time.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by tim5357 View Post
    Thank you, where is the best place to get the scopes? Also, my daughter tried it out and complained about it being abrasive to her shoulder, any suggestions? I told her to wear heavier clothes but we are in Florida and it's warm here.

Which 512?

511-A65-KIT: EOTech HWS 510 w/ N Alkaline Battery and Standard Reticle w/ Free Scopecoat Protective Covers Included in Price
    511-D1-KIT: EOTech HWS 510 w/ N Alkaline Battery and 1 MOA Dot Reticle w/ Free Scopecoat Protective Covers --
    511-NL-Sage-KIT: EOTech HWS 510 Factory pre-mounted with Sage less-lethal reticle pattern & N Cell Batteries w/ Free Scopecoat Protective Covers --
    511-NL-FN-KIT: EOTech HWS 510 Factory pre-mounted with FN less-lethal reticle pattern & N Cell Batteries w/ Free Scopecoat Protective Covers
    I believe this is the one I have...it takes 2AA batteries / standard reticle.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I believe this is the one I have...it takes 2AA batteries / standard reticle.
    512 = 511 that takes AA batteries. Make sure whatever you order is the 512 if you want the longer battery life.

i.e. 512.A65 is the dot w/65 MOA circle
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Lead Moderator
    Looks good as is. Just add ammo and mags.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    My eyes are getting old so I added an Eotech. Love it. You don't really need to add anything and truthfully, more mags and ammo may not be fun but would likely be a good investment. If you can't find 30 rounders, I'd recommend straight 20 rounders. Still great capacity and they're very reliable and 30 rounders, although fun, get in the way for any kind of bench or prone shooting.

I added a small rail to the bottom of my stock grip and mounded a surefire light and pistol grip so I could press the ligh button cap with my thumb when holding the gun. It's a less expensive and simple way to mount a light/vertical grip without having to spring for a quad rail system. I can drop the light and vertical grip off in seconds and be back to near stock condition which I like.

Nice gun friend, very nice indeed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links