PS90 or AR?

This is a discussion on PS90 or AR? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I own a 16" high standard AR-15 flat-top receiver. If you had the opportunity to trade it in for, let's say $600, for a new ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS90 or AR?

PS90 or AR?

I own a 16" high standard AR-15 flat-top receiver. If you had the opportunity to trade it in for, let's say $600, for a new PS90, would you??
    considering they might become outlawed for their penetration power.
    Grassroots SC, SC CWP, NH NR-PRL

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Nope. Strange manual of arms. Marginal ballistics. Ever try to get the ammo? See the cost of the mags? Stick with the AR platform.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckledrager View Post
    Stick with the AR platform.
    I agree.

K. Thanks for the input. I saw it today and if I thought I had the full $1800 for it, I would have went ahead and bought it w/o blinking an eye.

Thanks guys
    Grassroots SC, SC CWP, NH NR-PRL

Lead Moderator
    Parts and mags are more than likely rather expensive too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I wouldn't touch the ps90 with a ten foot pole unless you just have to be different.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Stick with the AR....besides the 1911 and Glock, it's the King of Aftermarket Industry
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

bae
    Get the PS90 if you want a cool toy and otherwise have your bases covered. The AR is much more versatile and functional.

I'm willing to bet a M855 5.56mm is gonna outpenetrate that 5.7mm...and, it's legal for us civvies to have M855, and rather illegal for us to have the 5.7mm penetrators...

Stick with the AR. PS90's are toys.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delucas View Post
    I own a 16" high standard AR-15 flat-top receiver. If you had the opportunity to trade it in for, let's say $600, for a new PS90, would you??
    considering they might become outlawed for their penetration power.
    The ammo used by the Military is RESTRICTED from sale to
    retail/civilians by FN.

The commercial ammo that IS available is less effective than 5.56
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The PS90 is a cool looking and great gun, very ergonomic. I'm not sure I would buy one due to the hard to find ammo, and ballistics. I would stick with the AR platform for reasons already mentioned.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I like the PS90 and have long been a fan pf the P90, yet there is no way in this current environment that I would even entertain swapping out my only AR in exchange for/toward a PS90.
    That makes no sense.

As others have stated (I only read page 1) in a post AWB II world having an AR will take you much farther and be most useful.
    Now if you had two or four ARs then yeah I'd then maybe entertain adding to them a PS90 as a fifth longarm.
    Now if the trade were for a P90 though (LEO and MIL only SBR version) then I'd swap a second/reserve AR for one. But only for a P90 not a civilian long barrel PS90.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

bae
    I don't buy this "hard-to-find" ammo. I have a PS90 and FiveSeven, and I simply click a few buttons on a website, and a case of 2000 rounds shows up a few days later. $689/2000 without shopping around much last time I ordered a bunch.

Kidding, right? Unless you're going to SBR it, the PS90 doesn't do anything the AR can't more resonably and supportably.

Yes, you can buy ammo. Yes, you can find parts. I haven't looked at them in awhile, but (from memory) a platform and supply package I would be comfortable with is in the $4500 range. An AR package is easily half that.

Agreed BAE, the ammo is most definitely not difficult to locate...anymore.
    Same goes for folks common assumptions toward it's cost which just isn't the case anymore, and hasn't been for over half a decade.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links