Wifey in a gun mood 870 inc

This is a discussion on Wifey in a gun mood 870 inc within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've got Santa bringing me one of those just like that one. Good job!!! The gun's pretty much perfect as it is, I'm just planning ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wifey in a gun mood 870 inc

I've got Santa bringing me one of those just like that one. Good job!!! The gun's pretty much perfect as it is, I'm just planning on putting a Hogue forend on it with some XS night sights. I'll just use a $10 butt-cuff to hold a couple of extra shells. The Speedfeed stock is nice but unnecessary. The same for the sidesaddle. In my opinion they get in the way and throw off the balance of the gun. If I can't get it done with the 7 shots on board and 4 more in the butt-cuff, I'm in deep do-do anyway.
    Fear is a reaction.......
    Courage is a decision.

FOR GOD, FOR COUNTRY AND FOR BLUE MAX

Blue Max 24, U.S. Army, RVN 1972

2. Remove Ads

I have been looking into the side saddle. Not really the slice of cake i like.
    The nylon buttstock holder will probly be more to my liking. Just not too enthused with the shell holder on the receiver.

Also i really love the look of the longer forend on the new ones wish mine came with it ahh well.

I will not be able to buy parts for the gun for awhile though. My wife saw me checking out aftermarket parts and shut me down immetetly. She said that the funding came for it as a suprise of all the side work on computers ive been doing lately and i have run out.

I have 2 boxes to go through today at lunch some targets and some mags.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Nice your 870 looks alot better than mine ! Take some pictures as you trick it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBeamon View Post
    Also i really love the look of the longer forend on the new ones wish mine came with it ahh well.
    Oddly enough, I have a spare one of those now! Might be willing to part with it.

I forgot to mention it was 329.00 on sale at big 5 and Remington is having a $30 mail in rebate on 870s think the sale is till tommorow.

We might have to talk about it RamRod atm tho i kn ow the wife has got conrtoll of my wallet. I cant complain It is very very rare where she will get in her "Odd" gun buying mode

The Remington rebate is actually good until Dec 31. I would have gone for it, but actually came out better buying used as good as new.
    http://www.remington.com/pdfs/promo_coupon.pdf

Another thing i have noticed and was wondering if anyone else is like this with the 8 round mag, The Mag accually sticks out about a half inch to a inch further than the barrel. It was big 5 last one so i did not assemble it is that right, Beacuse in the picture it looks like the mag and the barrel are the same length.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBeamon View Post
    Another thing i have noticed and was wondering if anyone else is like this with the 8 round mag, The Mag actually sticks out about a half inch to a inch further than the barrel. It was big 5 last one so i did not assemble it is that right, Beacuse in the picture it looks like the mag and the barrel are the same length.
    Not quite sure I follow you Billy. 8 round mag? Well, mine is an 18" model, and holds 6 in the mag...it's a "7-shot" Express HD. They also have an 8-shot model that holds 7 in the magazine, and as far as I know, that one is a 20" barrel. The kicker is, there is about 1" of slack left in my mag tube with a full 6 rounds in 2 3/4", and I figure with a 20" model, there might be 2" left, then it may be the 20" model can accept the 5 round extension and be a 9 shot, and then the mag tube would extend slightly beyond the barrel. Of course, as always, I could be wrong.
    2.75" X ?= max capacity and or length.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The kicker is, there is about 1" of slack left in my mag tube with a full 6 rounds in 2 3/4", .

fill it with six 3" shells and there is no slack

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post
    fill it with six 3" shells and there is no slack
    Makes perfect sense to me. My shoulder wants to get in the conversation now---what? My shoulder is sort of mumbling something.......mmm, uh huh, really, ...........shoulder says have mercy! 3 inch shells!? LOL! I will, one of these days when me and the shoulder feel up to it.

Here are some "bling" ideas, all on one shotty. ;o)

(Not Mine... found on the mesa forum)

"The trouble with small furry animals in a corner is that, just occasionally, one of them's a mongoose." - Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Member: NRA - GOA - Grassroots SC

Back from lunch.
    So now my sholder hurts. I like it

Only problem is i have some 2 3/4 mag shells..... The gun wont cycle
    The box of 25 of regular 2 3/4 shells worked perfecly

Just any time i put one of the magnums in it would load but when come time to eject i pull on it and nothing wont budge. After a few really small tugs back and forth i could slam it back down and eject it.

Did you take a picture of your shotty with the original forend on it Ram Rod?
    and from loading it today it is a 7 +1 gun

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Leave the stock as it is and get a "SideSaddle". It attaches to the reciever with pins and gives you an extra 6 shots that are mounted to it. They only cost around 20 bucks. 6 plus the 8 would be 14 shots. That ought to about cover anything.
    good call on the sidesaddle...
    the cheapest and the nicest looking option

Nice.

It was sales tax free firearms weekend here in South Carolina so I finally decided to go down and get that 870 Desert Recon tactical I had my eye on all year. I liked the 18" barrel one with the Speed feed stock. 7 + 4. And the thing that I really liked was the front breaching end piece is really a Rem choke. So any Rem choke can be screwed in. So I can convert it to a Turkey gun with a Full choke or whatever. Plus the receiver is drilled and tapped if you wanted to use optics on it.

Plus this allows me to reconvert my old 1960's wingmaster back into its bird hunting glory and retire it from the house defense gun role.

Not my photo's. I borrowed them for now. (but I will take some better ones tomorrow)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links