Wifey in a gun mood 870 inc

This is a discussion on Wifey in a gun mood 870 inc within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; cphilip...NICE 870 I gotta get that choke for mine! We don't have any gun stores down here, so I didn't get to participate in 2A ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wifey in a gun mood 870 inc

cphilip...NICE 870

I gotta get that choke for mine!

We don't have any gun stores down here, so I didn't get to participate in 2A weekend.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

2. Remove Ads

Just an FYI. I stopped in my local gun shop last weekend. They now have four, in stock 18" breacher barrels for the 870 made by Mossberg! I was shocked. I'm still thinking the Mossberg barrels are heavier walled. They had a price of $150 on these. Thing is, I've read some reviews on the ported barrel 870's (which is essentially what these are and you can buy an 870 this way stock), are more soft shooting. Lord knows I'm not going to use my shotgun to break open locks or doors....or stab someone in the chest in a defensive scenario. These breacher barreled shotguns ultimately look B.A., but because of the porting might make them worthy?

Not sure RR... I have to admit I liked it more because it looked cool. And it is stock on this Desert Recon

Plus it indeed does take up the place of a choke tube. So keeping it smooth inside while leaving it a open bore for home defense and yet allowing it to be Improved, Modified or Full choke for some other use if you wanted. But Remington calls it a "Special ported “Tactical” Extended Rem™ choke tube". They don't refer to it as a breacher end but it certainly looks like one doesn't it?

I particularly liked the drilled and tapped receiver even though I have no plans to put optics on it. But its there.

And the two round on each side of the stock are nice. This particular one of the two Desert Recons I liked the best. The other one which is a 20" with one extra round in the tube and has a pistol grip does not have the speed feed stock to store the extra 4 rounds.

I'll have to get back to you on whether or not the porting acts as a good brake or compensator or not. I imagine it might.

Added on edit: I did find this passage deep within a Remington Catalog
    The Tactical Extended Rem Choke
    is designed for optimum performance
    and recoil reduction. It also aids in reducing
    muzzle rise for consistent shot placement.
    Last edited by cphilip; November 30th, 2008 at 01:01 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links