Tis the Christmas Season

Tis the Christmas Season

This is a discussion on Tis the Christmas Season within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So my wife was griping at me for being such a bah/humbug with the coming holiday season. I said I would be in a much ...

Tis the Christmas Season

So my wife was griping at me for being such a bah/humbug with the coming holiday season. I said I would be in a much cheerier mood if money wasn't so tight, then she says we are doing fine money wise. (I let her do the bill paying because I get too uptight and stressed about it)

So I said "can I buy myself a new gun?" She said "you don't need a new gun" but if you want one go ahead. I have been drooling over the prospect of a hog rifle (AR-15) with an almost infinite number of potential accessories. But when I looked for the less expensive route of stripped lower they all seemed to be sold out.. well I kept looking and found that on Del-ton they are still taking orders and the price has not catapulted yet. I called and they said they were 12 weeks behind but I got my order in for the long pole in the tent and arranged with a local FFL. So now I can take my time and shop around for the rest of the parts..

I hope that my order will make it through or at least be grandfathered in case of an AWB.

I would like a 20 or 24 inch barrel and iron sights below a scope and an adjustable buttstock. Does anybody have any other suggestions or things I need on my first version of this machine?

If this will work take a look at the pics of my ar15 varminter with a 24" barrell sounds like what you want to build.....
    this is the thread name

AK, RPK, and AR15 Varminter
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerdd2 View Post

If this will work take a look at the pics of my ar15 varminter with a 24" barrell sounds like what you want to build.....
    this is the thread name

AK, RPK, and AR15 Varminter
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...varminter.html

thanks, does that also have iron sights or only the scope? (I want to be able to quick shoot a hog up close if needed)

Enlighten me on the aspect of "a hog rifle (AR-15)". For huntin' hogs, or in as an all around 'hog'? Fo give me, I's from Arkansas. But I've seriously been thinking about wild hog hunting lately, ever since the local military base announced their hog problem with the local media. I just never figured on taking the AR-15 out for it, but I might think about the AK.

Links