In the gun store todays pricing thread. - Page 2

In the gun store todays pricing thread.

This is a discussion on In the gun store todays pricing thread. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by R.E.Lee Where do you all see the Ar15 market headed, though? Is the $1200 Bushmaster likely to be a $1500 Bushmaster come ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In the gun store todays pricing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.Lee View Post
    Where do you all see the Ar15 market headed, though? Is the $1200 Bushmaster likely to be a $1500 Bushmaster come February? When the new AWB passes (and if does in fact never end) where will pricing be then? $2000 for the same rifle that is $1200 today?

I am debating a Del-Ton upper and lower kit for $850ish all said and done, but would prefer a Bushmaster or RRA should pricing be coming back down.

I've already got a hefty order of PMAGs pending (as that was easier to spend the $150 on) but was going to wait just a bit longer on the actual rifle.

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts? Too many variables, what if's, etc.

HR1022 essentially bans parts as well. So the longer the ban has been passed the more guns break and the more scarce working guns will be. Therefore the prices would continue to go up.

But the first AWB didn't pass in its original form, so I'm not so worried about this one passing as is either. I do firmly believe an AWB will be passed though, the President Elect has never backed off that position.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    But the first AWB didn't pass in its original form, so I'm not so worried about this one passing as is either. I do firmly believe an AWB will be passed though, the President Elect has never backed off that position.
    True. Im just worried about the supermajority present in the house and executive branch.

I will no doubt be buying one just in case, just as you said, its hard to determine when/where the best pricing will hit.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

One thing we do know is that the price of metal has dropped significantly in the last month or two. However that doesn't seem to be translating into drops in Ammo or Guns with everything else going on.

I bought a GSG-5 about 6 months ago for 465.00,I saw one in a new gun store today and my buddy asked how much,the guy said something like 750.00.I wish they would have shipped the other 2 I ordered before I could almost double my money
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links