In the gun store todays pricing thread.

This is a discussion on In the gun store todays pricing thread. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shameful whats gone up these days. Here is my report from today... Saw the following up on the rack with prices proudly displayed An Inland ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shameful whats gone up these days. Here is my report from today...

Saw the following up on the rack with prices proudly displayed

An Inland M1 Carbine. Looked pretty decent. Did not handle it to inspect bore but a pretty nice example from about 7 feet away. Probably could call it a Rack grade but certainly not a collectors grade... probably a $700 gun. Marked.... $1000.00

An Uzi 9mm Carbine 16" barrel Semi auto, one that sold for $650 just 6 months back before production ended on them. $1250.00!!!!

Looks like a couple of the guns I collected in the last couple years have doubled in value.

Well, look at things in one of two ways. You've either got some overpriced guns, or some good investments!

Yep... saw a DPMS that was maybe $650 some months ago... priced at $1000, and a basic Bushmaster $850-$900..... now $1200. The Manufacturer's raised their price about an average $100 from what they were.... but that seemed to be the yearly price adjustments. Some dealers are price gouging, while others aren't. Too bad is more of the former than the later.

OH! almost forgot... a guy finishing up his paperwork on a Charles Daily AR... price tag... $1050... on a CHUCK! Woooo...

Was in my local shop here and was actually surprised they had many things in stock that reports from afar seem to indicate serious droughts.

They had a pile of DPMS receivers for $179.

Supplies of .223 @ $8.75 a box of 20, which sounded high but I reload and haven't bought much commercial in some time.

The only thing I've noticed a price increase on are EBR's. I picked up a Socom II for just under 2k which is somewhat of an increase but I'm pretty sure thats just normal cost increase.

Oh yea, they still had reloading supplies at normal prices.

I'm just glad I have great shop so close to me, they've been around a long time and I expect it has a lot to do with the way they treat their regular customers and probably will continue to for a very long time.'

DS
    Believe NONE of what you hear; HALF of what you see and ALL you believe

Accuracy is king,penatration is queen but why not jack'em in the process if you can.

I have noticed the handguns under the glass have gone up $20-30 across the board in the last couple months.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    OH! almost forgot... a guy finishing up his paperwork on a Charles Daily AR... price tag... $1050... on a CHUCK! Woooo...
    CD Defense is making great ARs for the money, better than DPMS or Bushmaster. $1050 is a very reasonable price for a D-M4LE. Take a look at "the chart" from M4carbine.net.

Oh, and it has a lifetime warranty.

Oh there is nothing wrong with the brand at all (it just happened to be that Brand) but I disagree that $1050 is a good price. It might be the NEW price, and we all will have to live with that, but it does indicate a significant increase across the board if its now $1050.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Shameful whats gone up these days. Here is my report from today...
    Saw the following up on the rack with prices proudly displayed
    An Inland M1 Carbine. Looked pretty decent. Did not handle it to inspect bore but a pretty nice example from about 7 feet away. Probably could call it a Rack grade but certainly not a collectors grade... probably a $700 gun. Marked.... $1000.00
    An Uzi 9mm Carbine 16" barrel Semi auto, one that sold for $650 just 6 months back before production ended on them. $1250.00!!!!
    Looks like a couple of the guns I collected in the last couple years have doubled in value.
    Yep - those are COLLECTOR PRICES

OTOH , a good defensive rifle like an AR can still be had for
    right around $1000 - 1200
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

BAC
    Chooie's right: $1050 is a great price for a CD Defense D-M4LE. That's what the company owner said the street price would most likely be, and his rifle's trying to compete with LMT and S&W and sit in that niche between Bushmaster, DPMS, RRA, etc. on one end and Bravo Company, Colt, and Noveske on the other. That price has nothing to do with the recent overall price increases (in all fairness, neither does Noveske's, as they recently upgraded all but their basic rifles with MUR receivers standard).

There are only a couple places down here that have respectable prices on firearms. SRT Supply is the first one that pops into my head (great guys, and the least pushy of any of the gun stores I've visited); they generally stock RRA, but typically also have a couple Colts and LWRCs. University Gun and Pawn has a fantastic selection, but they've been so stupid busy that I haven't bothered trying to see their prices. People don't really pawn off guns a lot, so most of the pawn shops have way over-priced stuff ($400 Mosin Nagants, $800-$1000 M1 Carbines, etc.).

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

They were $900 just two weeks ago... again... though purpose of the thread was to note trending upswing of prices. Not to get into a AR brand war. Those have been done to death. And of course they do make some models that were and are higher price too.

But that said Bushmasters are reaching $900 today too. So its all the trend and to be expected.

The UZI phenomenon is partly explained by the folding up of production of them.

Can't figure them on the M1 Carbine though.

This store I observed this in is not known for gouging and normally almost reasonably priced. And perhaps these indeed are reasonable for the day even I guess. They are not always the cheapest but often very competitive. And these probably are not the highest prices in the area for sure.

They were $900 just two weeks ago... again... though purpose of the thread was to note trending upswing of prices. Not to get into a AR brand war. Those have been done to death. And of course they do make some models that were and are higher price too.

But that said Bushmasters are reaching $900 today too. So its all the trend and to be expected.

The UZI phenomenon is partly explained by the folding up of production of them.

Can't figure them on the M1 Carbine though.

This store I observed this in is not known for gouging and normally almost reasonably priced. And perhaps these indeed are reasonable for the day even I guess. They are not always the cheapest but often very competitive. And these probably are not the highest prices in the area for sure.
    The M1 is labeled a semiautomatic assault weapon in HR1022, along with the Uzi, Mini-14 and some others that are climbing in price now.

GovTrack: H.R. 1022: Text of Legislation, Referred in Senate

At the largest gun store near me the prices have climbed steadily but they were always a little higher in my area (say compared to the midwest). A bushmaster A4 upper built on a RRA lower used to go for $699 now it's $999.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

BAC
    I think you misunderstood me: where you noted the price is right where it's supposed to be priced. I only mentioned the other brands as a price reference. The CD Defense rifles were priced at a grand over here and everywhere else that I'm familiar with before the Nov 4 elections.

The unfortunate part about the price increases is that the price for the distributors has stayed relatively stable. It's the end seller that's marking everything up. Money talks.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Oh I gotcha then BAC. Hadn't thought of it that way. Perhaps I should have left that particular observed gun out then so as to not confuse the subject.

Yes indeed and so I guess in certain areas of the country things maybe are not that different.

In fact, a lot of the guns I did see that day had not changed much. Including the one I decided to buy because I feared it might go up soon. Been sort of watching that one all summer but concentrating on things I thought more apt to go up. And a pump shotgun was not one of those. So I went ahead with it.

But I was kind of hoping to hear what others might have seen lately. Seems it may be regional too then.

matiki, most recent price I have observed on a Bushmaster AR in about the most simple configuration (M4/A2 carbine) was $899 two weeks back. I thought that was a good price for these days. Same gun I bought one at $750 last year but... still... reasonable for this period.

Where do you all see the Ar15 market headed, though? Is the $1200 Bushmaster likely to be a $1500 Bushmaster come February? When the new AWB passes (and if does in fact never end) where will pricing be then? $2000 for the same rifle that is $1200 today?

I am debating a Del-Ton upper and lower kit for $850ish all said and done, but would prefer a Bushmaster or RRA should pricing be coming back down.

I've already got a hefty order of PMAGs pending (as that was easier to spend the $150 on) but was going to wait just a bit longer on the actual rifle.

Your thoughts?
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links