Hi Point 9mm 995-B carbine? - Page 3

Hi Point 9mm 995-B carbine?

This is a discussion on Hi Point 9mm 995-B carbine? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well Scott Van, you make me wish I had my 995 to test your stock on right now! I'm planning on picking up the 995 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi Point 9mm 995-B carbine?

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Well Scott Van, you make me wish I had my 995 to test your stock on right now!

I'm planning on picking up the 995 after Christmas. I first saw the Storm but just couldn't rationalize spending the money for it considering It doesn't fit any real need for me. I just like the feel so the ATI stock looks to be perfect. Normally I like high quality tools, equipment, guns, etc. but I think the Hi-point would be fun but only with the ATI stock. I looked at the original stock and just couldn't get over how it looked. Althought I must say, if you close your eyes and shoulder the 995 carbine, the stock is a decent fit!

So when I get my 995, if you need another review on the ATI stock, I'll be happy to do it up right!!

I have a nice Stag AR but I'm a shorter guy and love the feel of the Berretta Storm so I think the ATI stock will be perfect.

I love my HP 995 and I can't knock the price either. $90! Great little carbine!

I have been looking to get one myself. I can say that HP is a true on their warranty I have a 9 pistol and it broke on me they sent me the parts free with no hassle and i bought the pistol used. I can also say they have bigger mags then 10 rnds i have a 15 round for my pistol(the mags fits both) and I have seen i think a 20 or 30 rnd somewhere.
    Bryan A Dreyer
    Sgt USMC/US Army
    .45 ACP

I've been trying to find one since mid November...nada.

- OS

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. The 995's are inexpensive, highly reliable and a blast to shoot!

As far as problems, HiPoint has a no nonsense lifetime warranty on all their firearms. The warranty is on the weapon not the user. If you are the 3rd or 4th owner and you HiPoint breaks they fix it - FREE. If there have modifications in your model since it was introduced, when you send it in for service you get the updated mods, again for FREE.

I'm going to get an ATI stock for mine very soon. They keep promising really nice update stock, but no one has seen one outside the factory yet.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. The 995's are inexpensive, highly reliable and a blast to shoot!

As far as problems, HiPoint has a no nonsense lifetime warranty on all their firearms. The warranty is on the weapon not the user. If you are the 3rd or 4th owner and you HiPoint breaks they fix it - FREE. If there have modifications in your model since it was introduced, when you send it in for service you get the updated mods, again for FREE.

I'm going to get an ATI stock for mine very soon. They keep promising really nice update stock, but no one has seen one outside the factory yet.

While I greatly appreciate you choosing our stock to go on your carbine, Digitalexplr, nobody at our company has indicated we'd be having a new stock any time soon. If so, I apologize and regret that it is misinformation, as we are not currently working on any new designs to fit the HiPoint product line. Our stock for the 995 in 9mm ONLY is all that we will be making available for HiPoint carbines for the forseeable future. ATI is working in some new directions for 2009 and 2010 in the gunstock industry, but that won't be one of them.

Any questions, PM me, please. And thanks again for choosing our stock. As of now, the offer is regrettably closed due to an overwhelming response.
    Last edited by Scot Van; January 21st, 2009 at 07:17 PM.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    Worth mentioning that the Storm is usually priced at just over twice the cost of the HiPoint. If you're REALLY into spending almost 600 bucks on a carbine that has a ten-round capacity and shoots 9mm handgun rounds, be my guest. Smart money is on the HiPoint w/ the ATI stock on it.

Hello to all....I just joined this forum 1 hour ago. I purchased a 995 last Monday and the quote above sums up exactly why I made the 995 (and ATI to come) choice. As a Beretta owner (92FS M9), I can affort the CX4, but, WHY? Excellent wording above, Scot!

Thanks and I'm glad to be your newbie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links