Hi Point 9mm 995-B carbine?

This is a discussion on Hi Point 9mm 995-B carbine? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking of getting one of these in 9mm for range use and such,anyone have any experience with these carbines? Are they good or bad ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point 9mm 995-B carbine?

Hi Point 9mm 995-B carbine?

I'm thinking of getting one of these in 9mm for range use and such,anyone have any experience with these carbines? Are they good or bad as far as reliability?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    The ones that I have are great. They have been very reliable thru several thousand rds of ammo. If you want to start your wife or girlfriend on a light, easily handled carbine these fit the bill. It's just my opinion but the hi Point carbine is good bang for your buck.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I agree.
    I have one and my wife and daughter love shooting it!
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I've been debating too. I normally get higher end guns but seem intrigued by this.

And if you go through with it, you ought to consider getting an ATI replacement stock for it. Makes it look just like a Berretta storm and really helps the looks! You can get the replacement stock from Amazon for about $60!!

Amazon.com: Advanced Technology Black Glass Filled Nylon Hipoint 9mm Carbine: Sports & Outdoors

Down side is only 10 round mags but...it sure looks like cheap fun!

How's the trigger on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
    How's the trigger on these?
    The triggers on mine were all good. Relatively little creep and quick reset. Squirrels and rabbits beware.
    As Gideon said I've looked at the ATI replacement stocks and may have to try one out.
    The guns are a blast to shoot and virtually indestructible.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    After reading the kinds of problems people had with them, all of which seemed linked to the fact that they're cheap, I'd resolved to take a closer look at the Beretta CX4 Storm and Bushmaster Carbon 15. But I ended up getting a Marlin lever action rifle in .44 magnum. No plastic, all mechanical, no "O" rings, very reliable all the time. Only holds ten rounds, but each one of those rounds will really count. Harder to reload, too. Sort of like the revolver/semiauto pistol discussions we've seen so much of.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

They are a good buy. My 9 year old and I built one up and it is fun to shoot.he can take out a pop can at 100 yards no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    After reading the kinds of problems people had with them, all of which seemed linked to the fact that they're cheap, I'd resolved to take a closer look at the Beretta CX4 Storm and Bushmaster Carbon 15. But I ended up getting a Marlin lever action rifle in .44 magnum. No plastic, all mechanical, no "O" rings, very reliable all the time. Only holds ten rounds, but each one of those rounds will really count. Harder to reload, too. Sort of like the revolver/semiauto pistol discussions we've seen so much of.
    What kind of problems? I have heard nothing but good stuff about them. I think it was Wikipedia said they have a lifetime warranty that even transfers if you buy it used. I looked at the Beretta a couple of months ago and thought it was sweet, but for the price of these and one of those aftermarket stocks I am really tempted!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Worth mentioning that the Storm is usually priced at just over twice the cost of the HiPoint. If you're REALLY into spending almost 600 bucks on a carbine that has a ten-round capacity and shoots 9mm handgun rounds, be my guest. Smart money is on the HiPoint w/ the ATI stock on it.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

The 995 is a great carbine for the money. Hi-point definitely got it right, plus they have an excellent warranty, which, by the way, you'll need if you put the ATI stock on it.

The ATI stock is more rigid than the factory stock. The flexibility of the factory stock helps absorb some of the recoil and it will eventually break with the ATI stock.

It doesn't void your warranty, and they'll take it back, fix it, and put the factory stock back on, but it's kind of a pain to send a gun back for repairs.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I'm not going to knock the Hi-Point, but do think the matter of magazine size mentioned above for the CX4 Storm needs to be cleared up. I have three 15 round mags and three 30 round mags for my 9mm Storm.... I don't even own a 10 round mag for it.

surv

I think if you wait a bit Hi Point is coming out with a new stock for the thing so you wont need the ATI. I could be wrong but Im sure it was mentioned over at hipointtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    The 995 is a great carbine for the money. Hi-point definitely got it right, plus they have an excellent warranty, which, by the way, you'll need if you put the ATI stock on it.

The ATI stock is more rigid than the factory stock. The flexibility of the factory stock helps absorb some of the recoil and it will eventually break with the ATI stock.

It doesn't void your warranty, and they'll take it back, fix it, and put the factory stock back on, but it's kind of a pain to send a gun back for repairs.
    Funny that you claim it will break with our stock on it. There isn't enough recoil in a 9mm handgun round to effectively address recoil either way. If you knew anything about what you're claiming is more rigid plastic, you'd know that the original stock is a cheap polypropylene that will crack if you leave it in the sun too long. Polypropylene (the same stuff PVC pipe is made out of) is not flexible, but since we're talking about a HANDGUN recoil that you seem so concerned about, I have to wonder about that. No matter, fact is that our product is a high-density glass-filled nylon, much more supple and flexible than any grade polypropylene, let alone the cheap stuff used in the original stock. Hate to say this, but you don't know your plastics very well to make this claim.

There must be SOME reason HiPoint likes the stock. Regardless, our warranty is lifetime, and so is HiPoint's. We've NEVER received a faulty HiPoint stock in our returns bin for any but manufacturing flaws, broken or otherwise. I challenge you to provide one shred of NON-manufactured proof of your claim (meaning I don't think you should run out and start pounding on the gun with a hammer to prove your point) that you've had one break as a result of our stock being on the gun.

I'll send ANYONE a free test and eval stock for their HiPoint (please note that we don't make one for the .40). Use it for 90 days, if you can break it, I want it back. If you don't, keep it and write a review here on the good and bad with my compliments.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Scot I'll take you up on the eval if your serious. I have two of the 9mm Hi Point Carbines. I'll put your stock on one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links