1/7 twist upper group (IN STOCK)

This is a discussion on 1/7 twist upper group (IN STOCK) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Any one know anywhere that might have Built AR uppers with a 1/7 twist, in stock. I have been trolling the CMMT and BCM sites ...

Thread: 1/7 twist upper group (IN STOCK)

1/7 twist upper group (IN STOCK)

Any one know anywhere that might have Built AR uppers with a 1/7 twist, in stock. I have been trolling the CMMT and BCM sites but it seems that they are on perpetual "out of stock" I have a DPMS complete lower that is getting so very lonely. I am not very familiar with all the different online sources for AR "Parts"

TIA
    MikeV

2. Remove Ads

You're probably going to have a problem finding anyone that has stuff in stock at the moment.

You said you've looked at BCM, well they are constantly adding these in stock BCM 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group. You'll have to be quick as they sell out fast, but they have an "Email me when available" link for each product that should help you grab one. You'll need a BCG for that upper and BCM is making these BCM Bolt Carrier Group MPI Auto M16 as quick as they can. They put up batches of both the uppers and BCGs every couple of weeks (at least this has been the trend), so you should be able to get one. I have one of these uppers and BCG and it's been flawless so far. Plus they are a great company to work with.

You mentioned CMMT, which I am not familiar with, but guess that maybe it's a typo and you meant CMMG. They are very backordered on alot of items (mostly barrels), but may have what you need. I've had a 14.5" mid upper on order since June and they still don't have those barrels in. Jeff has regularly updated on AR15.com that they are getting in barrels every day, but you'd still be looking at 6-8 weeks to ship (based on their website) if they have the items in stock.

I'd love to recommend Anvil Arms because IMO they are a great company, but as they are a small company, Jon is completely swamped with orders and correspondence. Depending on how long you are willing to wait and if they even have product in stock (again, I have no idea), you may be waiting a long time, but you would end up with a high quality product from them. AnvilArms.com

You could try calling Spike's Tactical and see what they have in stock. http://www.spikestactical.com

PKFirearms seems to have uppers in stock occasionally. They had RRA uppers in stock a couple days ago. Firearms, ar15 parts, ar15 accessories, m16, ar15 kns

I guess I didn't really answer your question, but hopefully some of it will be helpful.

PKfirearms gets them in on a regular basis. Check them often. They provide a fantastic customer experience (more than just service, they do what they say and find and fix problems before you ask). I don't know how they are getting them when everyone else is out, but then again the word is spreading and I'm sure they'll start to get swamped too.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Its a long shot but try Ad-Tek of Tallahassee, Adtek

Its a local tactical shop here in my town and he sometimes has things no one else has. Since it requires no FFL he would ship to your residence.

He carries CMMG barrels on his upper assemblies, Bravo Company BCM M-16 bolt groups and MEGA forged aluminum upper receivers.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Try Del-ton. Their uppers normally come with a 1:9 barrel but some of them have options for a 1:7 barrel.

Links