Average price for standard AK47?

This is a discussion on Average price for standard AK47? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun show coming up this weekend near the Seattle area. My son has been wishing and wishing for an AK47. Although I'm not overly impressed ...

Thread: Average price for standard AK47?

Average price for standard AK47?

Gun show coming up this weekend near the Seattle area. My son has been wishing and wishing for an AK47. Although I'm not overly impressed with the rifle (more of an AR guy I guess), I am wanting to know what everyone here thinks that the average price "traditional style" AK47 would go for NEW? 7.62, wood stock, no frills, just the traditional gun.

Any help / advice is greatly appreciated !!!
    Boomer Sooner!

2. Remove Ads

Check GunsAmerica.com, or ShotGunNews for some of the more up-to-date pricing per the market in my opinion. I know they have gone up just like a lot of things, but in my opinion, the basic AK's available now compared to a few years ago are sort of breeching the bounds of quality for price. I imagine this is due mainly to availability and import restrictions past or present. Some folks here find real good deals, or so they seem. Any AK image appears as a work of art and history to me and is very attractive in those respects. I remember many a gun show before I even contemplated owning an AK type rifle. The Egyptian Maadi's, the Norinco MAK's, etc......$199-$350 depending. These days, I'm sort of shocked in a way, and if I were in your shoes and really seriously wanted one, I'd have to sell something I currently own, or do without tires for the truck for another year! My best estimate is around $500 bottom dollar. An average for what I see? Around $800! Finding them at a gun show would be like rolling the dice IMO. I don't think there's a middle line anymore.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Check GunsAmerica.com, or ShotGunNews for some of the more up-to-date pricing per the market in my opinion. I know they have gone up just like a lot of things, but in my opinion, the basic AK's available now compared to a few years ago are sort of breeching the bounds of quality for price. I imagine this is due mainly to availability and import restrictions past or present. Some folks here find real good deals, or so they seem. Any AK image appears as a work of art and history to me and is very attractive in those respects. I remember many a gun show before I even contemplated owning an AK type rifle. The Egyptian Maadi's, the Norinco MAK's, etc......$199-$350 depending. These days, I'm sort of shocked in a way, and if I were in your shoes and really seriously wanted one, I'd have to sell something I currently own, or do without tires for the truck for another year! My best estimate is around $500 bottom dollar. An average for what I see? Around $800! Finding them at a gun show would be like rolling the dice IMO. I don't think there's a middle line anymore.
    RamRod is dead on. I caught a guy coming in the front door of a gun show three weeks ago with a NHM 91 AK47 and got it for 460. Had several offers and could have made two hundred before I left.
    AK's have gone crazy in price. Be careful with some of the Century Arms rifles as they had canted sights and gas blocks. 650 -850 for what was a few weeks ago 250-450.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Hey, bgriffin, I'm off Council Road. I just went with a friend to Savage Trading, and he picked up a nice '75 kit WASR $410, after tax.

You can save a few pennies (maybe) at Outdoor America, but I wouldn't count on it.

WASRs are running around $425, Arsenal, Vector, etc., are all around $600, now. I would stay away from anything cheaper,or remotely questionable, as some guys are selling not-so-great home-builds, now that prices are up. If you guys find one, feel free to give me a call (PM for #). I can touch up the Century ugliness.

Edit: are you permanently in WA, or...?

I went to a gun show in the north eastern oklahoma area and Romanian ak's that before November would have gone for $350 were going for almost $800.00!!! that is a price increase!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin70 View Post
    Gun show coming up this weekend near the Seattle area. My son has been wishing and wishing for an AK47. Although I'm not overly impressed with the rifle (more of an AR guy I guess), I am wanting to know what everyone here thinks that the average price "traditional style" AK47 would go for NEW? 7.62, wood stock, no frills, just the traditional gun.

Any help / advice is greatly appreciated !!!
    I paid $450 for mine a year ago. WASR-10. I would imagine they are going to cost more now. I got all mine pre-pre-ban :)

I hate to say that you issed the boat on some good deals. Now, or for at least now, if you want a good AK, you gonna pay.

I bought my NIB SA M7 Milled Bulgie for $525 OTD and $550 for my SLR105a1, $450 for my SSR-85c by AUSA/feg.

These are off the charts rediculous now.

If you can happen upon a straight SAR 1 from 2001 for under $600. Grab it. papa

Found one this weekend for $550. Great condition and shoots very well.
    My son is thrilled, as this is "his" gun. Am I a great dad or what? Most 14 year olds get bikes, video games, etc. - I buy my son an AK47.

BTW: 1/2 the year in WA, 1/2 the year in Oklahoma. Currently up here in WA.
    Boomer Sooner!

Links