My 870 Range report

This is a discussion on My 870 Range report within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So i went out a second time to put my 870 to the test. It is a 7 + 1 Security model you can find ...

Thread: My 870 Range report

My 870 Range report

So i went out a second time to put my 870 to the test. It is a 7 + 1 Security model you can find at big5.

Before i had a old box of some fedral 12g shells that whenever i would fire one it would seize the action. I would have to use exsessive force and play to get it to eject the shells.

Well i found posts on another forum about polishing out the chamber on them with some 00 and 000 metal scrubbers (mind just went blank on the name) *steel wool just remembered

Went back out and low and behold these rounds still seize up the action. It could be that they are close to 20 years old but i dont think so. They are 2 3/4 mags.

I have a lot of diffrent brands of bird shot, My father loved hunting chuckker. I took around 3 of each diffrent round i had to the range and everthing cycled perfectly except this one box. Soo i think after i finish messing with my SxS i will try them in it or i have a friend that wants to try them through his mossburg.

let me tell you i picked up a box of winchester AA light target loads. Mostly for the wife. Well after shooting those i beleive that will be all i really want to take out anymore. The recoil on those are soo soft i thought i was shooting a 22.

Now i also had a box of 3 inch mags that my father had. I guess they are to reach out and shoot a plane. Im no wuss and i like shooting large rounds. They also cycle perfectly and are around 20 years old also.

I beleive they are 6shot steel. And if anyone is interested there are around 19 shells left and they will promply be buried 6 feet deep in my back yeard. I came i saw i shot 3inch mags to be tough. Screw them im sticking with my wifes rounds.

2. Remove Ads

O Also i decided i would taticool it out so i picked up one of those slip on saddles that holds 5. The older guy i work with that likes to discuss ccw, gunds, and such brings in one the same day and hands it to me. lol o well maby ill put mine on my old 20g new england single shot

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Try some new ammo of high quality. If that sticks, I would get with Remington's customer service.

With the assortment of ammo i have at home i have put at least 11 diffrent types of rounds through the gun with just 1 that is having the problem.
    Looking at the shells they look to expand too much after the shell is fired and the brass is what is getting stuck.

Get rid of that crap ammo and get you some good stuff Billy. Good guns need good ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    Get rid of that crap ammo and get you some good stuff Billy. Good guns need good ammo.
    I'll second that notion. Somebody had to say it.

Links