My new aquisition...How'd I do?

This is a discussion on My new aquisition...How'd I do? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod You know..........I still have a PM stored from back in October of this year. I sort of reviewed it, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new aquisition...How'd I do?

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You know..........I still have a PM stored from back in October of this year. I sort of reviewed it, and it doesn't matter one way or the other to me if my advice was taken. But I have to say this.....you obviously set out with a goal in mind, and you've obviously attained that goal. There's nothing like that in my book. Again...I share your excitement with you...and just to prepare you for things to come......you'll be spending equal time at the range with it between shooting it, and comments from others and talking about it if anyone else is around. These demand more attention at the range than any tricked out AR-15. You'll be a magnet with it. More words of advice.......I wouldn't even bother about thinking to convert it into a pistol grip AK or going for a replacement stock. These are a cut above the rest in original design. My SLR-95 would never leave my hands for any offer. You'll know this in short time I'm sure.
    BTW...My brother in law had lots of fun with my AK this past week. Just watching him shoot it was priceless to me. And I got to finally watch the muzzle flash and the action!
    Thanks RR, I look forward to holding onto this little keeper forever. Next weeks mad-money will likely buy me a sardine can or two of the good stuff. One for the bunker and one for the range. It is nice to know that the forum I visit has cool people who share their knowledge and thoughtful commentary with each other. Thanks for your input.

BTW: I ditched my SA XD .40 SC in favor of another Walther PPS in .40 to go with my PPS 9mm. I know you are a Glock guy but I like my PPS's because they fit my small hands so well. Take it easy and have a fun and safe new year celebration!

~Siafu

2. Remove Ads

Did you need my address ?

that is a beauty

In my opinion this is one of the best platforms to deban into a Type 3

And a great shooter. Here is my pride and joy (with a bunch of other stuff) that started out its life as an SA-93

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    In my opinion this is one of the best platforms to deban into a Type 3

And a great shooter. Here is my pride and joy (with a bunch of other stuff) that started out its life as an SA-93

I like that mag with the fleur de lait on it. Where is that from?

Sweet.

Administrator
    Congrats. You near bout stole it at that price.

Suggestion: You may wish to consider keeping that one NIB and then start shopping around for a cheaper shooter/beater.
    Considering the present climate - you may be able to see a hefty/substantial return on your initial investment if you just "safe queen" that one for a couple of years.
    It's going to be tough to do but, very likely worth it.
    Just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Congrats. You near bout stole it at that price.

Suggestion: You may wish to consider keeping that one NIB and then start shopping around for a cheaper shooter/beater.
    Considering the present climate - you may be able to see a hefty/substantial return on your initial investment if you just "safe queen" that one for a couple of years.
    It's going to be tough to do but, very likely worth it.
    Just something to think about.
    That is exactly my intention. I already have a WASR cheap beater that will let me satisfy my AK tooth. Nothing is cheap to shoot anymore so "cheap" is a relative term when speaking of ammo. I remember back in the day when we would go out and blast 1000+ rounds in an afternoon and not be $60 poorer after it was all over. Not anymore!

Bosnian. Also nick named the Boy Scout mag for the similarity of the emblem. One of the rarer of the Mags. Not the rarest though. They also came without the Fleur on them.

A rarer mag still is the Russian Aluminum Waffle mag. This one was a prototype magazine that the Russians ordered destroyed. But some of them survived that order. Looks like this....

Then of course are the couple of Variants of Russian Bakelite mags. The Tula and Izvek arsenals marked ones. One is shown in the picture. I think that one is the Tula one.

Also note in the picture that the Russian Slab side (also uncommon) is in the gun itself.

VIP Member
    Outstanding find!

Enjoy!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

B52
    What a deal, congrats man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links