My new aquisition...How'd I do?

This is a discussion on My new aquisition...How'd I do? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I picked up this little beauty today. NIB and even the box is 100% pristine. I always wanted an Arsenal milled AK and now I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new aquisition...How'd I do?

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

I picked up this little beauty today. NIB and even the box is 100% pristine. I always wanted an Arsenal milled AK and now I have one. it gets better! I only paid $525! I think I did pretty well.

Distinguished Member
    Man I am on a waiting list, where in the world did you find that at that price. I feel sick now. You did great, I guess I didn't have to tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    Man I am on a waiting list, where in the world did you find that at that price. I feel sick now. You did great, I guess I didn't have to tell you that.
    My FFL guy is a prince. He deserves a big kiss on his bald head.

Administrator
    525 is a great price for a Bulgarian these days. Good work.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Great AK
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

You've got one of the best available made, in-the-box, stock AK's available in my opinion. And you got it at a very good price as well. To my thinking, you paid less than what these were going for a year ago. The ones that have been listed on GunsAmerica and such that go for $550 are generally used and sport aftermarket plastic stocks. The used ones, NIB, originals generally start around $750 and go up from there. Some are available like yours with the thumbhole stock, just like my SLR-95. A true import, and I wasn't aware any of these were left on the market. You really ought to start Googling it first chance you get. I think you'll love your SA-93 even more once you do. Lots of specifics to include higher quality steel for the barrels in these models and such. Once you get out and shoot it, you'll know just how well you've done. I figure you won't stop smiling for at least the first 24 hours. And don't be afraid to get it out and shoot it....it's one of those rifles that pretty much retains it's worth even used. Suggest you find/purchase some spare parts for this rifle such as the trigger group, piston/carrier, bolt, recoil (operating spring assembly), and the AK recoil buffer. All of the parts in my SLR-95 right now are the spare parts mentioned.......I'm keeping the originals in original condition for what it's worth. I've also heard that the barrels on your model as well as mine were actually made by Steyr, and hammer forged/chrome lined. No matter what you shoot through this jewel, you're going to find the barrel very easy to clean and maintain. I'm just about as excited as you are about your new Bulgarian Arsenal AK-47! Good luck with it and happy shooting! Be safe.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    How in the world did you manage to find a MILLED AK-47 for 525? I'm jealous!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    How in the world did you manage to find a MILLED AK-47 for 525? I'm jealous!
    My FFL guy is a great dude. He is honest and fair. He fielded many offers (even one for $900 sight unseen) after he promised it to me but he is a man of his word and he gave it to me for what he had into it.

Nice!!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by aimhigh View Post
    Nice!!!

Yes....yes....looks sweet. Another note...I think those factory polymer coated stubby magazines are five rounders. I figure you might not want to experiment with that, but I did turn mine into 9 round capacity with a bit of ingenuity. I have some metal stubby mags that are five round capacity though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Yes....yes....looks sweet. Another note...I think those factory polymer coated stubby magazines are five rounders. I figure you might not want to experiment with that, but I did turn mine into 9 round capacity with a bit of ingenuity. I have some metal stubby mags that are five round capacity though.
    I sort of like the little stubby mag. I want a few more like it if I can get my hands on them. I also tried a big-boy to see if it would fit correctly and it mates up like they were made for each other.

It is not often that a sweetheart deal like this comes my way and I am so glad it happened for me like this. I love this rifle.

I'd say you did exceptionally well. Does she have a sister for sale?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I'd say you did exceptionally well. Does she have a sister for sale?
    Sorry, she is an only child.

I ran an oily patch down her barrel and it came back as clean as a whistle. This rifle gives me goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Sorry, she is an only child.

I ran an oily patch down her barrel and it came back as clean as a whistle. This rifle gives me goosebumps.
    You know..........I still have a PM stored from back in October of this year. I sort of reviewed it, and it doesn't matter one way or the other to me if my advice was taken. But I have to say this.....you obviously set out with a goal in mind, and you've obviously attained that goal. There's nothing like that in my book. Again...I share your excitement with you...and just to prepare you for things to come......you'll be spending equal time at the range with it between shooting it, and comments from others and talking about it if anyone else is around. These demand more attention at the range than any tricked out AR-15. You'll be a magnet with it. More words of advice.......I wouldn't even bother about thinking to convert it into a pistol grip AK or going for a replacement stock. These are a cut above the rest in original design. My SLR-95 would never leave my hands for any offer. You'll know this in short time I'm sure.
    BTW...My brother in law had lots of fun with my AK this past week. Just watching him shoot it was priceless to me. And I got to finally watch the muzzle flash and the action!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links