Defensive Carry banner

My new aquisition...How'd I do?

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  B52 
#1 ·
I picked up this little beauty today. NIB and even the box is 100% pristine. I always wanted an Arsenal milled AK and now I have one. it gets better! I only paid $525! I think I did pretty well. :danceban:

See less See more
#6 ·
You've got one of the best available made, in-the-box, stock AK's available in my opinion. And you got it at a very good price as well. To my thinking, you paid less than what these were going for a year ago. The ones that have been listed on GunsAmerica and such that go for $550 are generally used and sport aftermarket plastic stocks. The used ones, NIB, originals generally start around $750 and go up from there. Some are available like yours with the thumbhole stock, just like my SLR-95. A true import, and I wasn't aware any of these were left on the market. You really ought to start Googling it first chance you get. I think you'll love your SA-93 even more once you do. Lots of specifics to include higher quality steel for the barrels in these models and such. Once you get out and shoot it, you'll know just how well you've done. I figure you won't stop smiling for at least the first 24 hours. And don't be afraid to get it out and shoot it....it's one of those rifles that pretty much retains it's worth even used. Suggest you find/purchase some spare parts for this rifle such as the trigger group, piston/carrier, bolt, recoil (operating spring assembly), and the AK recoil buffer. All of the parts in my SLR-95 right now are the spare parts mentioned.......I'm keeping the originals in original condition for what it's worth. I've also heard that the barrels on your model as well as mine were actually made by Steyr, and hammer forged/chrome lined. No matter what you shoot through this jewel, you're going to find the barrel very easy to clean and maintain. I'm just about as excited as you are about your new Bulgarian Arsenal AK-47! Good luck with it and happy shooting! Be safe.

#7 ·
How in the world did you manage to find a MILLED AK-47 for 525? I'm jealous!

#11 ·
Yes....yes....looks sweet. Another note...I think those factory polymer coated stubby magazines are five rounders. I figure you might not want to experiment with that, but I did turn mine into 9 round capacity with a bit of ingenuity. I have some metal stubby mags that are five round capacity though.

#12 ·
I sort of like the little stubby mag. I want a few more like it if I can get my hands on them. I also tried a big-boy to see if it would fit correctly and it mates up like they were made for each other.

It is not often that a sweetheart deal like this comes my way and I am so glad it happened for me like this. I love this rifle. :yup:

#17 ·
Did you need my address ?

#22 ·
Congrats. You near bout stole it at that price.

Suggestion: You may wish to consider keeping that one NIB and then start shopping around for a cheaper shooter/beater.
Considering the present climate - you may be able to see a hefty/substantial return on your initial investment if you just "safe queen" that one for a couple of years.
It's going to be tough to do but, very likely worth it.
Just something to think about.

#23 ·
That is exactly my intention. I already have a WASR cheap beater that will let me satisfy my AK tooth. Nothing is cheap to shoot anymore so "cheap" is a relative term when speaking of ammo. I remember back in the day when we would go out and blast 1000+ rounds in an afternoon and not be $60 poorer after it was all over. Not anymore! :icon_neutral:

#24 ·
Bosnian. Also nick named the Boy Scout mag for the similarity of the emblem. One of the rarer of the Mags. Not the rarest though. They also came without the Fleur on them.

A rarer mag still is the Russian Aluminum Waffle mag. This one was a prototype magazine that the Russians ordered destroyed. But some of them survived that order. Looks like this....

Then of course are the couple of Variants of Russian Bakelite mags. The Tula and Izvek arsenals marked ones. One is shown in the picture. I think that one is the Tula one.

Also note in the picture that the Russian Slab side (also uncommon) is in the gun itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.