NEW S&W M&P 15a

NEW S&W M&P 15a

This is a discussion on NEW S&W M&P 15a within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally found a M&Pa at a decent price (under a grand) a few weeks ago, now my M&P15T has company. A few days ago I ...

Thread: NEW S&W M&P 15a

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar

NEW S&W M&P 15a

Finally found a M&Pa at a decent price (under a grand) a few weeks ago, now my M&P15T has company. A few days ago I hit the range for the second time and my Troy BUIS disappeared into the mud and snow not to be found. A call to S&W with a complaint about them not being properly installed yielded a new one and at $140 apiece these are not cheap! The M&Ps are great rifles, well built and both mine have the LMT bolt group and everything is properly staked. Both are also very accurate! Lots of folks complain about the 1-9 twist on the barrel but since 55grn ammo is about all you can find, it fits my purpose. Bottom line if you have an M&P or any AR with a BUIS or front removable sight make absolutely sure you use loctite or you may get the same surprise I did and whoever made your gun may not care about customer service like S&W! Little things like this have made me a lifetime customer. Now I just wish they would come out with an M&P series of shotguns!!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Congrats on the M&P15A. I don't have any BUIS so I don't need to worry about my sights falling off on my M&P15. I hear the 1:9 twist is good for a variety of bullet weights from 55 to I think its..... well I can't even remember now LOL! All I have used so far is 55 grain though, and works very well. Anyway here is what mine looks like currently.

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I like the S&W Ar15. I would like to try out their 5.45 upper but need it in a shorter barrel length.

Links